Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the report of "Gunk" coming out of an engine. So the right way to use it is..

1) Change oil
2) Add the amount of KREEN that comes, i guess on SuperTech is a good oil to use?
3) Go 3000 miles,
4) Drain,
5) Replace with same SuperTech?

Is this the impression i am getting? All of the engines that have been Kreened, seem to have some kind of a lube issue, and Kreen seems to have safely cleaner, making improved reults in areas MMO and A-Rx would as well, making nice dirty oil (!) so its not in the engine, and improving its performance, across a BMW (Some improvement,) a Odyssey and Expedition *Great improvement and a Tahoe!

Amn i right? I have the "App" down?

Change oil and add approx 3 oz per qt.
Go 1k and add the same amount.
Go another 1k repeat.
3k change the oil.

The engines i did had 2x ARX clean and rinse phases and had showed no significant improvement.I have used MMO and got some improvement on engines that were not to bad,but the Honda was only running on 3 cyl because the oil passages were blocked to the actuators.Kreen opened them in about 30 min and the engine runs perfectly.
From my experience there is no comparison between ARX and Kreen.

I am new here, I been reading your comments and I tried it out last Friday in my 1990 honda civic with 160.ooo, I neglected the car for a long time then I followed the can 16 0z for oil and 16 0z for gas. I was shocked how the car started to run better, this stuff is great...

Please give more details about your experience.

1 - "neglected"? sporadic oil changes? how bad?
2 - is Kreen still in the oil?
3 - is Kreen still in the gas?

How long was it until you noticed the difference?

Talk to us!

- Vikas

Quick question,

How does this application method sound

Add 16 oz to fresh oil, run for 1k. Change oil

Add 16 oz to the new oil run it for 1k oci

If you are dealing with heavy deposits i think that's a good idea.
For light deposits or varnish don't bother just add another dose at 1k. The solvents are burned off relevantly quickly so there is no problem going 3k.
If the oil is looking really black and nasty at 1k then sure change it as there may have been more crud than first thought.

I noticed the change right away in my car with 16 oz for oil and gas, the sound of the engine changed too. It gave the car more compression after years of cheap oil. I changed my sparks, belts, tranny lube this summer and fixed rust in this 1990 civic. Koil sent me Tips about their products two weeks ago, I used Kroil penetrating oil to get my PCV valve out from the engine and I started to be a believer of their stuff.

I've used kerosene, biodiesel, lamp oil, regular solvent 5-minute flush products... and I wouldn't want to run ANY for more than 10 minutes.

Get a UOA on your oil with the Kreen.

You could also maintain your vehicle with a quality oil to prevent all these: ticking, varnishing, smudging, noises....

What good would a single UOA do? The engine can be coming apart inside and still show a good UOA!
Kano Labs have been selling this stuff for decades and have not been sued for any blown engines,damage etc.

Quote:
You could also maintain your vehicle with a quality oil to prevent all these: ticking, varnishing, smudging, noises....

You could if you own it from new but on a used vehicle that horse is already out of the barn.

Quick update: 500 miles into the new oil change with Kreen (used supertech oil and fram filter). I plan on running this for 1k and then changing out the oil again.

The car seems to be running very smooth, very responsive. Usually the problem I would have is that right after an oil change the car runs very smooth but a couple of hundred miles later the engine isnt as responsive. So far so good.

I bought 4 qt,s of kreen to put in my cars
1.2001 caravan, used oil 400 mi to the qt
put pint in oil,and 1 pint in gas
must of cleaned somewhere,now 1000 mi a qt
of oil.
2.2005 kia spectra,sons car,65k,runs fine
dosen't use oil.Put 1 pint in oil,and 1 pint
in the gas.200 mi later,like a whole new car
lots more power,better mpg.must of cleaned
all the crud out. great stuff!

Originally Posted By: alltrac
Chemical Name CAS# %
Severely Hydrotreated Petroleum Distillates 64742-52-5 15-25
Aliphatic Petroleum Distillates 64742-95-6/64742-88-7 15-25
Aliphatic Alcohols 78-92-2/123-42-2 15-25
Glycol Ether 111-76-2 5-15
Aliphatic Ketone 78-93-3 5-15
Proprietary Ingredients Proprietary 5-15

That's an extremely potent cocktail of powerful solvents - aromatics, alcohols, ethers, and ketones.

Tom NJ

Hard to believe the anti-additive crowd has not loaded their 16inch deck guns over this Kreen product.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Hard to believe the anti-additive crowd has not loaded their 16inch deck guns over this Kreen product.

Yes I'm not sure I would drive around with that in my engine, maybe for a flush but it's pricey and chemtool is cheap if you need a strong flush.

Does Kreen have lubricating properties at least?

It feels somewhat oily between the fingers.No way i would drive the car with chem Tool in the crankcase either.To date the combined engines we put Kreen into have accumulated over 20K with zero lubrication issues even on the oldest high mile engines.Kano states it is reformulation of Kroil which does have some lubricating qualities.

Kano advertises "safe for engines" which includes driving it for thousands of miles.This is not some new fly by night company so IMO they feel safe recommending this.

Kreen or Kroil, hmm,,,I will just stick to MMO, it may work slower, be old fashion, smells funny to some,the name MMO may run some folks off, but it works for me. Kreen or Kroil, did Harry Potter make it. LOL, just kidding,,dont taze me bro.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Courier, I think you just enjoy the mystery aspect of MMO
wink.gif

I think thats part of it.
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Courier, I think you just enjoy the mystery aspect of MMO
wink.gif

Its the smell. Who cares if it does not work.It smells nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back