Kreen in 3.0L Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, keep us posted & thanks for the updates - we need more of these here!

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
Bi-Xenon 6000k kit. Finally I can see good at night.Stock lights are so horrible, even brand new ones.
Got some interesting stuff coming up.

If you installed that kit in your reflector headlamps, you just became the most hated person on BITOG ~/~

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Bi-Xenon 6000k kit. Finally I can see good at night.Stock lights are so horrible, even brand new ones.

If you installed that kit in your reflector headlamps, you just became the most hated person on BITOG ~/~

he stated he installed euro lights. Perhaps they are projectors

Originally Posted By: Vikas

LoL
I spent 2 evenings adjusting them to make sure it is not blinding anyone.
Old reflector light was blinding as [censored], even it was pointed way down.They had kinda ribs and stripes on a outer glass, and smooth reflectors.New lights are opposite, smooth outer glass but diamond shaped reflector.
Other problems--nobody makes lights for this model. Only 1 more different model I found were projector lights that are made to order by shady company and cost $700+.

I actually have pictures which explain better:)
Old light
390250_2856415809544_1234067970_33255339_1797336020_n.jpg

New light
375299_2856415049525_1234067970_33255338_972330770_n.jpg

Comparison, new on the left (I did not adjust it, just right out of the box)
Old one on the right, I did not touch position it was pointed closer than it should be, since regulator broke off long time ago and still you can see much more light in your eyes.
377075_2856416649565_1234067970_33255340_1455762332_n.jpg

I totally need something like that done for the VX. It was in a front-end wreck before, and the driver-side headlamp has an awkward shine, like part of the beam is 'cut out' somehow? I replaced the bulbs with new 9003/HB2 stock, nicer beam but still same projection issue. Not familiar with headlights. It seems like this metal piece what 'shrouds' the bulb as it seats in place is 'bent' or 'twisted' instead of straight vertical like the passenger.

Anyway, Off-topic so...PM any advice! lol

It can't be seen on pics but it seems previous owner slided on the ice or something. Driver side headlight was damaged(old one before one on pic, hood above it is also dented. Back window was out(found little glass pieces in the back) also has mid size dents on lower parts of passenger quarter panel and both doors.Nothing to serious, but it had tough life. Looks are not most important for me right now.

Last edited:
Your old glass looked lot nicer than most of the other Camrys of that era! The new driver side light is glaring like crazy :-(

Was fixing my mini catch can setup today. Added 0.3 qt of my 5w-20 Durablend top of oil. So, car took 1q top off in 3000 miles (counting that kreen evaporated quick). No more top offs since this oil has 1000 miles to live, than change.
Now some pics. Hard to tell if you don't know what to look for. I tried to match them by editing exposure and so on, my new phone has much brighter flash.

Arrow point to improvement area.

Before:
6813733333_692383f301_z.jpg

today:
6813783717_f1386583b4_b.jpg

Wow big improvement! I need to do the same on my '00 Camry beater with 180k (did just get some PP/M1OF for an OC after a couple hundred more miles with MMO in the crank... First time).

Looks like its working to me. No cheating with hand cleaning or photo-shop either. Good stuff!

Thanks for posting the update zyxelenator!

IMO....Impressive results, thus far, on your Kreen treatment. Looks like it is working away at the varnish on the top. Just a matter of time and it will be spanking clean.

Now I'm tempted to add another dose of Kreen while I'm down here in Orlando.

Lots of "Snow Bird and Tourist" traffic and warm weather.....I just might do another 1K to 1.5K while in the Orlando area.

I brought a quart of Kreen with me.... along with a Jug and a couple of quarts of Pennzoil Ultra, 5w-30 and a Bosch D+ oil filter in case I had the urge to do a second Kreen Treatment.

If I decide to start a second dose, while in Orlando,....I'll make sure to add 12 ounces of Kreen to the fuel this time around.

My oil is starting to turn a darker brown with the add pack in this Strauss Auto Synthetic.

IMO...The First dose of Kreen that I used must have really softened up any varnish that was in the engine and the good shot of born and calcium in this synthetic oil is lifting it off easy.

The long high speed highway trip down here to Orlando kept the Strauss Synthetic oil circulating at a fast clip and getting under the varnish and any stain in the engine.

I helped a pastor at our church buy a car a few years ago - and guess what - it now has sludge. The car was idling poorly and would loose power when driving. He took it to a local mechanic that said some solenoids that effect timing are sludged up and need to be replaced and the spark plugs are fouled. They want $1200 to fix it. Does this sound reasonable? I did tell him to get a second opinion because they don't have extra money to throw at it.

Change out the plugs for under a $100 and do a cleaning with kreen and PYB or PYB HM... Also put Kreen in the gas. I would try this for 500 miles before spending any extra money.

Well I started my second Kreen Treatment today. I added 12 ounces of Kreen to my gas from an empty 12 ounce bottle of Gumout/Regane Complete Fuel System cleaner and added 16 ounces of Kreen to my oil from a empty MMO pint bottle.

I'll run this while in the Orlando area for 1K to 1.5K on some runs to Daytona, Tampa and outlying areas. I figure a month in the sump should be good for my second treatment of Kreen.

12 ounces was poured into a a fill up of 14.5 Gallons of Costco gasoline and I may do one more treatment to the gasoline.

Before I head back to Coney Island, I'll change the oil and filter out and run a light 5W-20/5w-30 synthetic like, Pennzoil Ultra, Strauss Auto Synthetic, Advance Auto Synthetic or Formula Shell Synthetic.

A nice light synthetic should also continue any additional cleaning, for 1300 miles, before I reach home.

I put in MMO and am ready to order Kreen. How much do I need for the two uses?

The code I am worried about is P1354 VVT System Bank 2. Misfires were detected in cyls 2, 4 and 6. The long term fuel trim on bank 1 was 5.43% and on bank 2 8.55%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back