Kreen in 3.0L Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I can. I have one picture before Gunk flush, one after. Can go take one more today, but it's only 300 miles on this fill so far.

Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
Yes, I can. I have one picture before Gunk flush, one after. Can go take one more today, but it's only 300 miles on this fill so far.

I will post them at my ARX thread, since it's ARX there now.
I also have some Kreen left. I believe it is like 6-8 oz. Should be fine to run for full oci and filter change in the middle? I know it is less amount than it should be, that's why longer oci.

yeah give us a base line pic of the fill hole so we have something to compare future pics to.
i think i would save the kreen for another piston soak. it seems like that helped alot! but you could just use it in the oil, doesnt matter how long you run it because it will burn off in 500 miles anyway

Here is start point:
272136_2257366473685_1234067970_32794868_3807962_o.jpg

After gunk flush:
272201_2257366793693_1234067970_32794869_4992321_o.jpg

After 300 miles of arx again:
265871_2257366993698_1234067970_32794870_6526425_o.jpg

Quick question: After I use all my cheap filters, will this engine fine with Oversize pure1 or regular size ones, in my case for max 6k run with synthetic? I think I have 4 more cheap filters and 4 oversize pure1.Or should I use Bosch distance+(looks smaller than pure 1,both in height and width) in future if I continue cleaning with MMO.

Last edited:
i would think any bosch or pure1 would be fine, but you may have to change it if your going past 3k...
so your going to use PP and MMO on your rinse cycle?

I guess it will be closer to winter, so I will use plain 5q of 5w-30 G-oil that I got before.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
I guess it will be closer to winter, so I will use plain 5q of 5w-30 G-oil that I got before.

interesting.... is that approved for a rinse cycle?

Originally Posted By: electrolver

I have looked at the OP's pics that he has shared with us, since it seems in my opinion that he had to manually clean his engine, I believe he did do a DOUBLE DOSE OF ARX, he obviously did a rinse phase, his pics show no results, let him use any oil he wants for this so called Rinse Phase, I believe the OP has stated that he will not be purchasing anymore auto-rx and he will be using a different oil additive in the future.

In my humble opinion, I believe all of zyxelenator's posts prove to us that arx does not work as advertised, I also believe his posts prove to us that other oil additives have certain limitations, most members are not going to give Kreen or MMO a try for 10,000 miles or more, we all want quick results, members just need to make up there minds on how long they will stick with an oil additive to clean there engines before they give up.

So far it seems that Kreen has given the quickest results, we have not had anyone claim the product has not really worked, we have not had any Kreen threads that have been LOCKED.

Originally Posted By: PontiacFan

I have looked at the OP's pics that he has shared with us, since it seems in my opinion that he had to manually clean his engine, I believe he did do a DOUBLE DOSE OF ARX, he obviously did a rinse phase, his pics show no results, let him use any oil he wants for this so called Rinse Phase, I believe the OP has stated that he will not be purchasing anymore auto-rx and he will be using a different oil additive in the future.

In my humble opinion, I believe all of zyxelenator's posts prove to us that arx does not work as advertised, I also believe his posts prove to us that other oil additives have certain limitations, most members are not going to give Kreen or MMO a try for 10,000 miles or more, we all want quick results, members just need to make up there minds on how long they will stick with an oil additive to clean there engines before they give up.

So far it seems that Kreen has given the quickest results, we have not had anyone claim the product has not really worked, we have not had any Kreen threads that have been LOCKED.

Really? What has Kreen cleaned on this car? All of the cleaning has been the result of manual intervention, which you yourself advocated because the Kreen wasn't working, and in your words, would not work unless it could flow through the drainback holes...
crazy2.gif

And in case the sarcasm goes over your head and you think I expect Kreen (or ARX) to work in this instance, no experienced, rational person would. But for you to imply that Kreen is a better product than ARX because ARX did not work (when Kreen did not work either) is pure intellectual dishonesty and attempting to mislead. You should be ashamed.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels

Really? What has Kreen cleaned on this car? All of the cleaning has been the result of manual intervention, which you yourself advocated because the Kreen wasn't working, and in your words, would not work unless it could flow through the drainback holes...
crazy2.gif

And in case the sarcasm goes over your head and you think I expect Kreen (or ARX) to work in this instance, no experienced, rational person would. But for you to imply that Kreen is a better product than ARX because ARX did not work (when Kreen did not work either) is pure intellectual dishonesty and attempting to mislead. You should be ashamed.

ok your both wrong lol there were some results with both products. before he started using ARX he could not even check his oil because it was so sludge blocked. after his piston soak with kreen the engine smoked less. i believe the car has benefited from both products, probably more than we will know because there are no before and after photos of the engine internals.
secondly this car had some major problems and nothing will fix it in one oci. its going to take time to clean out just like it took time to accumulate. one thing is for sure the ARX, Kreen, and MMO did not cause any harm.

maybe its not the results you wanted but this is a very extreme case.

Yeap, I will stick with MMO for rest of the life of this car. I just want to use up that last bottle of Arx, I think it would take forever to clean out, what I have cleaned myself with hands(about a pound of goo...), I didn"t want to throw away ARX,or give it to someone, since it did help to clean some, and I was able to check oil level,which I couldn't before. So it might not be very effective in this run, but will clean a little.
I think it"s overpriced.
Kreen did a good job, and I will probably buy it in future, but not soon. It takes long time to get it, It is pretty dangerous chemical, It did melt/left residue on measure cup(regular for kitchen, made from shiny clear plastic), but did nothing to plastic bottle I used in first video.
Next plan is to use LM super duper flush from Australia(no one else wants to ship to US,if It will not get lost, I just moved, and did mail redirect, so who knows, will check old place ones a week). After I use LM, I will use left over of Kreen, than it will be my vacation time, I will drain oil and soak engine and pan for 2 weeks with carb cleaner(parts cleaner)/kerosene/diesel(I think first unless I will not be able to get it). After, just regular runs with MMO. If all previous will not clean it, MMO will finish it, over the time, and 4 gallons of PP.

hey guys one more thing, i bet before he started the engine internals were just covered in sludge! your not going to get alot in one place with out a film on everything. and to be honest the pics were alot cleaner than i was expecting. now it looks like its mostly just heavy varnish and some light sludge left behind.

by the way zyxelenator im going to say again im really stoked at the results of your piston soak! i would like to see you do another. when you leave and fill the oil pan with cleaner would you be willing to pull the plugs and fill the cylinders with MMO? i bet a good long soak would help alot!!

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels

crazy2.gif

That part in red sounds soooo familiar.

yes, I will do piston soak with MMO also. And probably leave plugs to soak. 3 in container with MMO other 3 in container with Carb/parts cleaner. MMO vs Carb will see who wins.

Ok, so here is another run with left over Kreen run(around 1/4 of bottle). Oil G-oil 5w-30 and Ceratec additive with Oversize P1. This OCI will be for 5000 miles.
Start point picture:
CIMG0157.jpg

Hope varnish will decrease.
Will compare in the end of OCI.

So it is over 1800 miles on current OCI. Added less than half a qt of oil since it dropped close to half mark on dipstick.Prob. Kreen evaporated.
Top off oil 5w-20 Durablend blue bottle. Had single qt laying around.

Really impressed with all the work you did on your car, man. +1,000!

Just keep that PCV valve changed and get on your final regimen eventually, call it a new life for that engine.
grin2.gif

Thanks, this car won't retire any soon.
Just finally installed missing throttle body gasket, cleaned all I could reach on the way there, sprayed PCV valve with carb cleaner(just in case),same for hose.
Got early Christmas Present installed
smile.gif
Euro lights and Bi-Xenon 6000k kit. Finally I can see good at night.Stock lights are so horrible, even brand new ones.
Got some interesting stuff coming up.Like rare oil VOA and uoa on that oil(prob mix with 1 qt of Kendall GT1 blend)
BTW, don't buy Ceratech- I haven't notice any difference from MoS2. UOA will show.

Will keep posted
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back