Keurig coffee maker/K-Cup problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Most espresso machines, especially the pump machines, come with a tamper to tamp the coffee down. If you don't tamp down the coffee you may not get the "crema".

http://www.ineedcoffee.com/00/tamping/

A decent tamper costs more than what most people in this thread spend on an entire coffee machine.
smile.gif

We are on our 3rd keurig in a year. They are [censored] quality. Luckily it was replaced each time under warranty. Still have my old coffee maker next to kireig and use it to fill up mug for work since stupid keurig cannot brew enough. There should be some manual button on it to keep brewing.

Originally Posted By: 2Fast4U
We are on our 3rd keurig in a year. They are [censored] quality. Luckily it was replaced each time under warranty. Still have my old coffee maker next to kireig and use it to fill up mug for work since stupid keurig cannot brew enough. There should be some manual button on it to keep brewing.

What good would a manual button do when you can only place so much coffee in the K-cup? If the mug is so huge, why would you even expect the Keurig to fill it? Why not use two K-cups, one at a time to fill your mug? Even using the Keurig twice is much faster than an old coffee maker.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: johnachak
Just spend $25 on a regular coffee maker and put a scoop or two of ground coffee in the paper filter and no problems. I never liked the concentration of coffee made by the Keurigs at all. I don't need someone else to tell me how much grinds or what coarseness vs how much water I need to use.

Worst Yuppie gadget ever invented in my opinion. Its only good as a high priced hot chocolate maker.

I have to say I agree with this!

+1

I've got a $100 Bunn setting in my kitchen that I've had for about 7 years. Always hot and ready to go so I can make a full pot in about 1 minute. If you're going to be spending a fair amount on a coffee maker at least get a "real" coffee maker for the kind of cash you lay out for these novelty items.

While the Keurig is overpriced in my opinion (but I did just purchase one anyway), the convenience, speed, cleanliness, one cup ability, and ease of use.....made it a worthwhile purchase so far. With the large variety of coffee/tea/cocoa available it makes getting up in the morning a bit more pleasurable.
As for your gripe about what amount of coffee is in the K-cups and that you "don't need someone to tell me how much grinds.....to use"? Well, you can very simply adjust the strength of the coffee by what size cup you set the machine on. Pretty simple really....smaller cup = stronger coffee, bigger cup setting = weaker coffee.
As for it being a 'yuppie' gadget (is that term from the 80's still used?).....maybe so. But trust me, after spending $140 on this thing it had better work for a long time or I will join in with disparaging comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back