Complete tear down of Saeco coffee maker

I noticed some of the Bitoggers have Saeco coffee makers. They are pretty darn expensive and are quite complicated. My unit is 11 years old and had daily morning usage of two cups a day for 7 years straight. Now there is a problem with getting it to start. I exhibits the typical problem of a bad start capacitor or a bad power board.

Here is the link for a you tube video on how to tear down a Saeco coffee maker. They only use one type of screw. Its a torx # 10. The video lasts 40 minutes and takes the machine down to hunk of plastic carcass. Might be an interesting watch over a cup of coffee. Enjoy.

SAECO was better before Philips purchased it!
My cousin had a Rancilio that I never heard of as a company and it was built like a tank, but at the time, it as SAECO had no
reps in Toronto. I bought a Gaggia, but wasn't what I thought it to be and then went looking for FAEMA as they sponsored my
school's Rugby team, the people at FAEMA directed me instead to Jura, which I bought and am on my 4th one with no regrets.

I tried fixing one before at work (in the break room) in my spare time. A traditional manual machine. The gasket started leaking and that was relatively easy to fix but still kind of a pain to force a new gasket. Once the tubing started leaking it wasn't worth it. We got a Saeco super auto to replace it. But there was a certain pleasure to getting it right with a tamper and a perfect pull.

Here is the start capacitor ( lower right white cylinder). I believe you have to dig in quite a ways to get to it. It starts the grinder.

9BD2B0D7-AA13-4C14-9E84-B6945132C18B.jpeg
34D5DB34-6251-448E-AA52-473B5C60C882.jpeg

Last edited:
Can any experts confirm if these four small cylindrical objects are capacitors? I may try replace them. Also, the board might still be available as long as the part numbers match. The board is just over $100. Any other free advice? :D

96273561-39B4-4B89-A65D-08BA8A3F6399.jpeg

Meanwhile I'm on my 2nd Keurig and not because the first one broke either. Needed one that also could make a pot of coffee.

I only considered for a hot minute getting a fully auto espresso machine, then realized I'd be drinking it way more than I should.

Back