Kansas City Chiefs.. back to back winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where is the stadium? I honestly don’t know…
Didn't either, but it's the Missouri side
1707754552668.jpg

In my earlier comment, I said the river splits the city but I was thinking of St Louis. In KC's case, it's just the state line.

Also on the halftime show. Just once can we have the musical genius of Weird Al please? I wanted Mojo Nixon but since he passed Weird Al will do. OR else Metallica or maybe Joe Satriani.
I don't know how they choose, but while I'd love a Satch halftime show, 90% of America wouldn't and would be asking "who is this guy?". Metal like Metallica ? No way .... and I'm a fan. Same reason they stay away from country artists as well - it only appeals to a segment of the US population.

Weird Al would be great though ! He could do a cover or medley of a rock song, pop song, country, and R&B, throw in his comedy aspect, and people might love it.

I don't know how they choose, but while I'd love a Satch halftime show, 90% of America wouldn't and would be asking "who is this guy?". Metal like Metallica ? No way .... and I'm a fan. Same reason they stay away from country artists as well - it only appeals to a segment of the US population.

Weird Al would be great though ! He could do a cover or medley of a rock song, pop song, country, and R&B, throw in his comedy aspect, and people might love it.
Metallica could do some covers like their rendition of “Turn the page”, which Imo is better than the original. Most musicians only cover some segment of the population. Certainly the last many years haven’t really been my favorite music, shows are generally inappropriate for my kids.

I don’t think he understood the new overtime rules either. So dumb to get the ball first.
Shanahan said he wanted to ensure the 49ers got the ball first if the score was still tied after both teams possessed the ball (as it becomes sudden death after both teams possess it once). It ended up backfiring as the CHIEFS DYNASTY knew what they needed--field goal to tie and touchdown to win! Great game!! It going to be perfect weather for the victory parade on Wednesday: clear and 60.

I am an amateur radio operator. This morning I talked to an old timer who was dissatisfied with the half time show. He thought Frank Sinatra would have been better. I had to break the news to him that Frank Sinatra died over 25 years ago. So his second choice was John Denver. Explained he was dead too. His third choice was the Everly Brothers. Broke the news to him that one brother is no longer on the right side of the grass.

I am an amateur radio operator. This morning I talked to an old timer who was dissatisfied with the half time show. He thought Frank Sinatra would have been better. I had to break the news to him that Frank Sinatra died over 25 years ago. So his second choice was John Denver. Explained he was dead too. His third choice was the Everly Brothers. Broke the news to him that one brother is no longer on the right side of the grass.
Sorry. Inappropriate laughter 😂

I remember RHCP half time. Sucked as usual.

Funny was a mom complaining about inappropriate lyrics

I could not clearly make out one word

Most musicians only cover some segment of the population. Certainly the last many years haven’t really been my favorite music
True and like I said, I don't know how they pick the act(s). Maybe they figure "all publicity is good publicity" and even old, white guys grumbling about the show accomplishes the same thing !! 😂

Doubt that.... You can be assured that there are staff, assistant coaches, etc that literally have the rules book memorized.
Multiple players stated they did not know the overtime rules. One even said seeing it on the jumbortron when OT started was the first time he’d heard of them, that’s on the coaching staff. As boneheaded as his pick to be on offense first was, I think Shanahan didn’t know either.

Multiple players stated they did not know the overtime rules. One even said seeing it on the jumbortron when OT started was the first time he’d heard of them, that’s on the coaching staff. As boneheaded as his pick to be on offense first was, I think Shanahan didn’t know either.
The players are told what to pick if they win the toss. They're not out there winging it.

Shanahan said he wanted to ensure the 49ers got the ball first if the score was still tied after both teams possessed the ball (as it becomes sudden death after both teams possess it once). It ended up backfiring as the CHIEFS DYNASTY knew what they needed--field goal to tie and touchdown to win! Great game!! It going to be perfect weather for the victory parade on Wednesday: clear and 60.
And give Mahomes a 4 play series drive...
The turnovers, starting with CMC and the fluke punt fumble hurt the most.

That's football.

I don't think that I could have ever cared less about a Super Bowl, than I did for this one.
Didn't even bother turning on the TV for it. In the past, when I've not cared about the game, I've still turned on the TV, and paid some indirect attention to the game. Not even that for this game.
The only good thing about this game, was that Daytona is next weekend.

Metallica could do some covers like their rendition of “Turn the page”, which Imo is better than the original. Most musicians only cover some segment of the population. Certainly the last many years haven’t really been my favorite music, shows are generally inappropriate for my kids.
I agree but the whole point I would suggest there are no musicians in these acts. Only singers, I think that is key, anyone can sing and dance but the musicians have been put back stage like an instrument itself.
Today's singers like at the Super Bowl, it just an act with a singer and dancer, I mean we see that stuff now a days in an average movie, just an actor. The real talent is hidden behind the scenes now.

Groups like Metallica and hundreds of others, were composers and musicians with a singer, real instruments! Gone is that talent to behind the curtain, modern music is a corporate production that the public in many cases laps up like a dog. No disrespect to dogs. 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back