k&n octane booster 99-2020

anyone know if this has MMT in it? I called K&N and the rep said they buy it from a company and they slap their label on it, and the msd sheet said some of the ingredients are proprietary and he didnt have any info on that. If anyone knows for sure or has tried it and ended up with the orange plugs, please post. Thanks in advance

If you need an octane booster, why not buy Toluene or Xylene at the hardware store? Those are the same octane boosters refineries used to use, and much cheaper and more effective than most octane boosters marketed and sold as such. Compared to ethanol, they have higher energy density and higher MON (which matters more than RON).

Plenty of threads here at BITOG on this topic.

If you need an octane booster, why not buy Toluene or Xylene at the hardware store? Those are the same octane boosters refineries used to use, and much cheaper and more effective than most octane boosters marketed and sold as such. Compared to ethanol, they have higher energy density and higher MON (which matters more than RON).

Plenty of threads here at BITOG on this topic.
so...back to my original question, does anyone know if the K&N octane booster contains MMT?

K&N Octane Booster 99-2020 does not contain MMT (Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl ). I know this because the package is translucent, and MMT breaks down immediately under the presence of light. Any product containing MMT will have opaque packaging.

Additionally I located the MSDS and noted the primary ingredient is Naphtalene (mothballs). This product will have a minimal effect on effective octane in a tank of gasoline.

If you are looking for an effective readily available octane booster that contains MMT, the following items all have MMT.

Lucas Octane Booster
Royal Purple Max Boost
VP Octanium
Torco
Boostane
STP Octane Boster (and fuel system cleaner)

Back