Jaguar problems.

I feel for you! Brakes are the grail for a mech! Easy and profitable. BUT I'd ask is anything easy on a Jag?

Don't sweat it @Chris142, it's not your fault. I have to agree, this is the best one of them all IMO; even though it's not automotive related, well sort of:

b5d5fd4983ce7bf6da8ade29120b0c70.jpg

If you were doing the rear brakes, did you put it into service mode? That is mandatory for electric park brakes. I hate working on Jags and Range Rovers but we have picked up several new customers by word of mouth from others and I cringe lol.

If you were doing the rear brakes, did you put it into service mode? That is mandatory for electric park brakes. I hate working on Jags and Range Rovers but we have picked up several new customers by word of mouth from others and I cringe lol.
Yes. They have the scanners to do that.

People are attracted to used Jags because they're cheap and they look really nice on the outside. But the reason they look really nice on the outside is because they hardly ever get exposed to the weather because they spend 99.9% of their time in a mechanic shop!
Jags and range rovers. Should be a crime to sell those pieces of garbage lol

I know but the rest of those cars as well as range rovers are terrible.
RR's arent that bad, now.

New, and by 'new' I meany anything since 2010 or so, are fine but yes the older ones don't age well. I've had 3 Range Rovers from new (or ~1 yr old) since 2012 and I put them on par w/ the BMWs and Audiss in the family as far as reliability, etc., and miles ahead any of the Jeep's we had before them. That being said, they are not Honda/Toyota, cannot be, nor do I expect them to be.

RR's arent that bad, now.

New, and by 'new' I meany anything since 2010 or so, are fine but yes the older ones don't age well. I've had 3 Range Rovers from new (or ~1 yr old) since 2012 and I put them on par w/ the BMWs and Audiss in the family as far as reliability, etc., and miles ahead any of the Jeep's we had before them. That being said, they are not Honda/Toyota, cannot be, nor do I expect them to be.
2010 is when they got bad lol. 3/5L are pure gravy trains, 2l ecoboost is a shop money printer. new ingenium sucks too

Back