It's hot again.

Our AC has been on since late June with a couple of days off, quite humid. I don't track this stuff closely but it feels like it's been hotter than past years, earlier.

Our AC has been on since late June with a couple of days off, quite humid. I don't track this stuff closely but it feels like it's been hotter than past years, earlier.
I agree, but here in the Midwest, the smoke from Canada is keeping from getting terrible. I guess that’s the positive way to look at it.
We’ve had more consistent rain this year than the past few. Feels like the 1990’s again.

Here’s something that might help. This is from our July Fest in Kimberley, BC yesterday. The beer at the top is Kokanee, brewed an hour away in Creston, BC. Pronounced Coke A Knee.

48FFA73A-AE60-4FB2-8273-442B3FDE5E8E.jpeg

Last edited:
Once again it's the weekend here and it's raining! Haven't had a dry weekend since Memorial Day weekend. Very humid and warm has been the pattern here ever since then. Crazy.:(

Once again it's the weekend here and it's raining! Haven't had a dry weekend since Memorial Day weekend. Very humid and warm has been the pattern here ever since then. Crazy.:(
Yep, some tornado warnings/watches too for today. Awesome. Just needed some more rain. Makes me wonder if this winter is going to be bad too, if the precipitation keeps up, maybe I should be shopping for AWD vehicles for this winter.

The older you get the more heat and cold bother you. Honestly the older you get the more everything bothers you.
I put sweats on this morning for my walk. It was 68° degrees out and I finally felt warm for the first time in days. finding I can tolerate too warm better vs too cold.

Somewhere on the WWW yesterday, I saw something where some lady put bread dough in her mail box and baked it. It was clickbait, and I didn't click on it, but my daughter has a house in Phoenix and she said she might try it today. As far as the "dry heat" type of jokes, it's true. I visited her last Fall and we were sitting in an outdoor beer garden and it was very comfortable. She asked me what I thought the temperature was. I guessed 75° or 80°. The thermometer there said it was 92°. It hasn't topped 100° here yet, but it will...with humidity.
She'll get her last laugh in during the winter, when it could easily hit -10° here (and was -32° a couple of years ago) and she'll probably be picking tomatoes off the vines in her garden during that time.

We left Cali on Thursday just in time. Although after being out there for a couple weeks almost would rather have that than the humidity here in KC. 80% humidity when we got home last night.

Gonna be *112 today, went out to the patio this morning at 8 AM to drink my morning coffee and it was already *85, didn't last too long went back inside. 🔥

Gonna be *112 today, went out to the patio this morning at 8 AM to drink my morning coffee and it was already *85, didn't last too long went back inside. 🔥

How far are you from beach ?

Love sipping frosted lemonade when I’m on the beach.

I would love to be in Death Valley today and experience what 125F feels like.
Not if you don't have to. A few years, I rode the motorcycle to Lake Havasu City on a day in the 120s there. It just sucked the moisture out of me. Only 108 for the high in Kingman today. We are at 3,500 elevation, so cooler here. We have a few days coming up at over 110. 110 and higher is officially hot in Arizona. Under that is just warm. When it gets 90 and below people go out and work to take advantage of the cool weather.

Somewhere on the WWW yesterday, I saw something where some lady put bread dough in her mail box and baked it. It was clickbait, and I didn't click on it, but my daughter has a house in Phoenix and she said she might try it today. As far as the "dry heat" type of jokes, it's true. I visited her last Fall and we were sitting in an outdoor beer garden and it was very comfortable. She asked me what I thought the temperature was. I guessed 75° or 80°. The thermometer there said it was 92°. It hasn't topped 100° here yet, but it will...with humidity.
She'll get her last laugh in during the winter, when it could easily hit -10° here (and was -32° a couple of years ago) and she'll probably be picking tomatoes off the vines in her garden during that time.
Agreed the dry heat is like every exotic meat tasting like chicken.

I wonder if it’s 115F outside, do folks run central AC and the house is 92-95F?

Back