It's hot again.

Every summer the heat hits suddenly. Does not give anyone a chance to acclimate to it. And everyone complains. This week has been especially brutal.

A crew at my work is paving a street. I guess the new asphalt is 325f. I was there about 20 minutes to fix something and I had to retreat back to the f550 service truck and turn on the ac .

I asked a guy how they deal with the heat and he said that going from 300+ to 120 is like stepping into a refrigerator lol.

Guess it's all how you perceive it .

Attachments

• IMG_20230703_125956246_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230703_125956246_HDR.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 98
Every summer the heat hits suddenly. Does not give anyone a chance to acclimate to it. And everyone complains. This week has been especially brutal.

A crew at my work is paving a street. I guess the new asphalt is 325f. I was there about 20 minutes to fix something and I had to retreat back to the f550 service truck and turn on the ac .

I asked a guy how they deal with the heat and he said that going from 300+ to 120 is like stepping into a refrigerator lol.

Guess it's all how you perceive it .
How is your water level and pump doing?

What we're expecting here in the Valley. 🔥

How is your water level and pump doing?
The Mojave river has been flowing for months and it still flowing today! It raised the water level up enough that it's pumping water @5gpm. I can't measure the water level with the pump in the ground but doing math I should have 12 ft over my pump. Can't say how long it will last.

We are supposed to see 65°F along the coast today. I was driving through Livermore last week and I didn't care much for the 109°F there.

Some 65 year old guy died last week (06-July) in Death Valley. Had a health problem, drove off the road until something caused the vehicle to stop. Found with 2 flat tires, windows down, non-functioning A/C.

Back