Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Yep and I max it out, that doesn't include pension and voluntary pension.

Cool! Very smart..
thumbsup2.gif

If this roller coaster ride between DOW of 16000 and 18000 that started about a year ago kept repeating I could make some good money. Buy around 16000 and sell around 18000 give about 12% gain each cycle. Of course, you can't count on it doing that - but it is starting into it's 3rd cycle now.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
If this roller coaster ride between DOW of 16000 and 18000 that started about a year ago kept repeating I could make some good money. Buy around 16000 and sell around 18000 give about 12% gain each cycle. Of course, you can't count on it doing that - but it is starting into it's 3rd cycle now.

Yes! Agree.....

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Yes! Agree.....

If only it were that easy!

Index funds. Buy every two weeks via your paycheck, then you don't have to worry about timing.

Can't go wrong with owning everything - VTI (vanguard total stock market ETF or mutual fund)
Otherwise, I have some in VXUS (total international) and a small portion in VNQ and VDE (REIT and Energy).

Similar to a simple 3-4 fund portfolio. My bond portion is in a stable value fund from work, that earns 4%, otherwise I'd use total bond market.

Thinking about buying some shares of MA in my Roth. Would prefer to hold it for the next 18 years.

What are your thoughts?

Else, thoughts on V or AXP?

My current stars are,

ACRE, Bought on a dip, has some nice gains, pays just short of 13%/qtr. Has done so for 8 years.

AGNC, Also bought on a dip, pays a little over 9%/month.

PSEC, Again, bought on a dip, pays 13.5% monthly. Has done so for 10 years.

I have nice gains on all three. The current volatility is your friend.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Anyone taking a risk in oil ETFs right now?

I kind of like the look of SPY...

Opps, finger check, I meant SDY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back