Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold up again (471). I was going to buy more GLD but decided against it. Probably a mistake. I have 500 shares at $44.00. Guess I can't get too greedy. It'll drop quick when it drops. Been there done that
frown.gif
We might see something like in the 70's when it went up 300 bucks in a week. The storms in the Gulf, German Polotics, Jewelry Demand, U.S. deficits are driving it. If the $ starts sinking it will really go to town. Lots of things in play here. What's a fella to do
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Crap Al - I already sold GLD.

Did a little buying today - it felt good. Took up some light positions in CWTR and CMTL.

Hahahahaha..that's oK. You never go broke taking a profit. Otherwise known as Pigs get fat..Hogs get butchered.
smile.gif
Seriously though a lot of speculators are going to get rich depending on the track of this storm and a lot will go broke.

I already day traded CMTL and took a small profit.

The market died on the storm and dove on the stupid rate hikes. I still think this is a big mistake, but at least they are building in room to adjust down!
shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Good thing we agree? Why defense in 2006?/QUOTE] Congress dosen't dare cut the defense budget in today's world. I think it'll have minimal growth in 06, but it should be 'safe' growth. I like Rockwell Collins, Northrop Grumman, L3, and maybe Boeing if they get the machinists' strike settled.....

So far this has been a bad week in a bad month. Sept is historically bad for stocks. Hoping Oct will be better, especially if Q3 earnings are good.....

Doing OK this AM.

I still think the bozo's did wrong by raising rates:

quote:

U.S. Aug. leading indicators fall 0.2% By Rex Nutting
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - A gauge of future economic activity declined in August for the second straight month, falling 0.2%, the Conference Board said Thursday. Five of the 10 leading economic indicators improved in August, while three declined. Consumer expectations was the biggest contributor to the decline in the index. Economists surveyed by MarketWatch were expecting the leading index to fall 0.3%. The coincident index increased 0.2% in August, while the lagging index fell 0.1%. The previously reported 0.1% increase in the leading index for July was revised to a 0.1% decline.

OK... picks for this week???

I sold out of my LCAV... It was dropping quick... only to come back to $37 on Friday. But, as Al said, nobody ever went broke taking a profit!

Due to super-slow internet access that I have recently (cant get on at better than about 22k, 13k is more normal), I havent been able to research much.

Still long on XTO!

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back