Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
You think it's coming? Any hints of time frame?

I have no idea...thats why I just trade and use stops.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
To bad you don't own a silver stock/ETF...they have been on a tear lately....I think a big selloff in the stock market is around the corner. Gold & Silver don't go up like this for no reason.

I'd say a crash is more likely, personally.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
To bad you don't own a silver stock/ETF...they have been on a tear lately....I think a big selloff in the stock market is around the corner. Gold & Silver don't go up like this for no reason.

smile.gif

Nope; a break out and move to 2300+ on the SP500 is more likely.
smirk.gif

I'll go out on a limb and say the market will be better in the second half of '16...how much better will depend on what the market will get to fixate on between now and 2017. I think it's still reasonable to think that we'll end the year higher.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

smile.gif

smirk.gif

I heard something similar from a talking head on CNBC last week.

smile.gif

smirk.gif

I heard something similar from a talking head on CNBC last week.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

A fiat currency has never, ever worked. It's bound to come down sometime soon.

Originally Posted By: Nebroch
Any opinions on Gilead (GILD)? Average price of mine is now around ~90 USD, and I'm thinking if I should buy some more.

Bullish article about the company: https://griztrading.blogspot.fi/2016/05/gilead-sciences-strength-is.html

All opinions are welcome, positive or pessimistic..
Depends on what your plan is. Right now it's down to where it was in the Feb. dip. It's been here in 2014, mid 2015 was it's all time high. Depending on how much you own, what ever you buy will help to average down. It's not for me, doesn't fit my strategy. YMMV

May I ask what's your strategy?

I think that getting average price down isn't a good argument to buy a stock, actually it's horrible
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nebroch
May I ask what's your strategy?

I think that getting average price down isn't a good argument to buy a stock, actually it's horrible
smile.gif

My strategy is buy and hold long term with a minimum of 3-4% Dividends. There has to be some appreciation potential to have such a low div. An excellent example is MO. Bought at $62 in March, pays over 5% at my price . Should have doubled down on it, but didn't. Instead, I bought VZ At $50 which pays 4%. Trying not to get too much cash in one place. It takes a lot of research. I have 4 REIT's, 3 which pay monthly. All have 10-13% dividends.

This is all in my wifes IRA. She will be 70 later this year, so next year we will be taking required distributions. My intent is to have enough income to cover these distributions while maintaining or growing
the principal. If we have a 10% correction, this could be a problem, but I'm working to maintain enough cash to carry through. Right now I have ~27% cash. I would rather have more like 30-35%. If I can keep my fingers off the buy button, I will get there with the steady div income.

YMMV

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Yep. I had limit orders for MO and PM that never went through (9 months ago) but those are 2 long term companies for dividend income.

I looked at both when I bought MO. I looked out 5 years. Just no comparison. I wanted to buy more, but I just have to manage the cash. There is only so much and what I've got now is working.

My strategy is buy and hold long term with a minimum of 3-4% Dividends. There has to be some appreciation potential to have such a low div. An excellent example is MO. Bought at $62 in March, pays over 5% at my price . Should have doubled down on it, but didn't. Instead, I bought VZ At $50 which pays 4%. Trying not to get too much cash in one place. It takes a lot of research. I have 4 REIT's, 3 which pay monthly. All have 10-13% dividends.

Okay, I buy for long term too. It's nice to success in finding companies which can keep increasing their dividend for years. It requires good ROA, ROE and cashflow, investors should look those metrics I think.

Yep. I had limit orders for MO and PM that never went through (9 months ago) but those are 2 long term companies for dividend income.

I looked at both when I bought MO. I looked out 5 years. Just no comparison. I wanted to buy more, but I just have to manage the cash. There is only so much and what I've got now is working.

25% of my portfolio is MO, PM, and TAP. I found a site that ranks vice stocks based on performance and recommends the top 3. Some of the best stocks to own! People will never stop smoking, drinking, gambling, or buying consumer staple products.

25% of my portfolio is MO, PM, and TAP. I found a site that ranks vice stocks based on performance and recommends the top 3. Some of the best stocks to own! People will never stop smoking, drinking, gambling, or buying consumer staple products.

TAP looks good long term. MO is still the best bang for the buck.

That's interesting. It's always nice to hear what others own.

I won't lie, not holding any other holdings besides the IAU. I'm waiting for the Ponzi scheme to come crashing...

Then it's buy time.
grin.gif

That's why I keep a reasonable amount of cash. I watch things that I know, If it dips, I buy some. As soon as my order fills, I cut a sell order. I did that with SWKS. Sold on the open this morning for +$3. Held it less then 2 weeks. Good enough.

I won't lie, not holding any other holdings besides the IAU. I'm waiting for the Ponzi scheme to come crashing...

Then it's buy time.
grin.gif

People have been saying that since the dawn of man............and US growth stocks over the long term essentially go up in a straight line and outperform all other asset classes, ESPECIALLY gold.

http://www.joshuakennon.com/stocks-vs-bonds-vs-gold-returns-for-the-past-200-years/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back