Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Maybe I'm a fool, but I sold most om my gold/silver miners on the strength in the last couple of days and hedged the remainder with short positions. Too much euphoria IMHO, based just on empty words from a central banker.

Plan to reenter when emotions cool down.

Now if you had waited......I'm thinking about selling a little.

Can't believe I'm up 42% on PSX in just a couple months. Should take the profit since it went up so much so fast, I guess, but it does pay a nice dividend.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Yap, the reason I'm a lousy trader, I can't sit tight.

Naw, not lousy. Just human. Rare that you will hit the true peaks. I sell early all the time. I would say if you compare the gain to a standard you have set or even the going interest rates and you were above that, you did fine. I'm sure I'll catch heck for that.

Yap, the reason I'm a lousy trader, I can't sit tight.

Naw, not lousy. Just human. Rare that you will hit the true peaks. I sell early all the time. I would say if you compare the gain to a standard you have set or even the going interest rates and you were above that, you did fine. I'm sure I'll catch heck for that.

Heck, if I even get a nice gain on a "trade" without getting stopped out initially, I take the profit while it's there. I move stops up right below the price when it's profitable, and if it falls through the stop, I bank it. This is where quality charting software is invaluable. Like if metals pull back for a few days next week which is likely, and you get a hammer type candlestick on the charting software, and the next day is up with decent volume, those are the days you can jump right back in and lock in another good gain.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Will you hold onto PSX ?

Geez, I was just thinking the same thing!

I had it as it was part of COP, but it's a spin-off now. Bought it as my Dividend Growth Investment plan for growing income when I retire (just years away).

PSX has a 2% dividend, which is fair, bit not great. I'm thinking it'll continue to go up.

Selling it now locks in a NICE gain, but have too much in cash already and no where else to put it.

So, to answer your question: I don't know!

Post announcement sell off just started?

I hope so, as I would like to board that train leaving the station. Destination is Nov 2012, after that all bets are off.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Will you hold onto PSX ?

Geez, I was just thinking the same thing!

I had it as it was part of COP, but it's a spin-off now. Bought it as my Dividend Growth Investment plan for growing income when I retire (just years away).

PSX has a 2% dividend, which is fair, bit not great. I'm thinking it'll continue to go up.

Selling it now locks in a NICE gain, but have too much in cash already and no where else to put it.

So, to answer your question: I don't know!

I just looked at the $$$$ amount, so I inked in the 41% gain.
banana2.gif

Sweet.

Now if I only bought AAPL @ $100

I bought ISRG at $11.
smile.gif

Then, sold it at $13.

Now it's what... Over $500!!!!!

Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!
shocked.gif
spankme2.gif
me.

Sweet.

I bought ISRG at $11.
smile.gif

Then, sold it at $13.

Now it,s what... Over $500!!!!!

Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!
shocked.gif
:
spankme2.gif

I'll take an 18% gain over a loss any day.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Sweet.

I bought ISRG at $11.
smile.gif

Then, sold it at $13.

Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!
shocked.gif
:
spankme2.gif

Was not a loss, but missed a monster gain!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Sweet.

I bought ISRG at $11.
smile.gif

Then, sold it at $13.

Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!
shocked.gif
:
spankme2.gif

Was not a loss, but missed a monster gain!

I know; my point was, you missed out on a what, 10s of thousands of a percent gain possibly......but it wasn't a loss!

I know that's what you meant...
smile.gif

It was one of my several examples of selling TOO early.

Sweet.

Believe it or not I owned AAPL when it was $25.
spankme2.gif

I bought AAPL at $374. Could hardly fathom spending that much money on one share, but I pushed myself to buy 10 shares. Now I'm wondering when to jump off. Thinking January at the earliest. Looks like two EXCELLENT quarters of sales figures coming up...the 4th quarter results certainly better even than the 3rd quarter results will be.

Otherwise, holding everything else. Got some AGNC I've held since last January, GNTX I've held since earlier this summer, RDS.A and CVX that are long-term holds for dividends, and some BPT that I just recently purchased after the huge cliff it fell over. Also holding many many shares of USSPX and VFIAX.

Sittin' tight for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back