Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If loneranger is an active trader, then he cashed in big. My hats off to him. But if he is a buy and hold type guy, then the jury is still out.....

I agree Veedub. I feel an Autumn pull back would normally be in hand, but the elections may hold that off. Very dicey times in the market. Better hold off buying any long term bonds, as well.

Originally Posted By: TheLoneRanger
I see lots of backing and filling; I think this is the bottom right now. All this bad news lately hasn't moved the market down that much, which indicates to me the selling is just about exhausted.

Lots of money on the sidelines. I'm looking for an up day of several hundred points on the Dow, any day now......

Thanks for the recognition, guys, but the quotes about the 'Blind Squirrel' and 'better lucky than good' comes to mind. I could just have well been wrong in this crazy market.

My database contains about 50 stocks covering most of the big sectors. I use a Metastock technical analysis program, and most of the indicators were showing a divergence as the market was going lower. And this was in just about every stock I looked at, and this told me that a bounce was imminent.

Whether the bounce holds or not will depend on other factors, but at least this little relief rally helps some.....

Oh totally - I'm stating to load the boat with the big banks and financials - even if they crash a wee bit more, the big healthy banks like Citigroup IMO are poised for some healthy gains 15 years down the road. Want to get in at the bottom.

Or...
15.gif

The last couple of days have started out bad to neutral, and then caught fire in the afternoon. This is a good sign for market gains to continue. Oil is dropping back a bit, and may have broken a trendline. The Chinese can only drive their cars every other day now, so that's easing the oil market.

Is this the true bottom, or just a rally in a secular bear market? That's the question.......
28.gif

Yeah I watched WB today after they posted a 7 or 8 billion loss then ended up 25%????? OK I give up trying to figure this stuff out. I know the financials have been severly beaten down but WB in my opinion has made some really bonehead moves and who knows whether they will be around 5 years from now. Guess thats why their PE ratio is so low. I'm watching closely on a hourly basis and if I see an easy opp to make money in the afternoon I'm on it.

BTW any opinions on ADSK? Read some really good stuff like they have their entire market cornered for the next million years...and some bad stuff about insider trading.

Oil is continuing to slide, is $125.91 now. Below a support of $130. If it doesn't hold support, IMHO, watch out below...

I think it's now safe to buy into this rally.
The market rallied before the Fed announcement, and gained even more afterward. This is a good sign.
Oil is now down about $25 per barrel from it's high. Granted the economy is still bad and will continue to be for a while, but the stock market anticipates a slow recovery and always leads by about 6 months.

"Hap-py days are here a-gain....."
thankyou2.gif

Come on, everyone sing........
25.gif

I put all my $$ back in 2 days ago :) lucky call by me. I'm still not so sure that it's all good. I'm guessing its gonna be a really bumpy ride for at least 3-6 months.

Wow, I timed the last 2 rallies/crashes with Proshares 2x long and short ETFs and made out like a bandit!

With the volatility continuing, buy a short ETF right before the market closes on a day like today and vice versa, although I think we're trending towards a sustainable rally period.

I sold my long position at the end of today. I'm hesitant to get in short again. Made more the past week and a half than I have in the last year! Total luck though, and a big gamble. 99% of the time I [censored] it up...

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Wow, I timed the last 2 rallies/crashes with Proshares 2x long and short ETFs and made out like a bandit!

With the volatility continuing, buy a short ETF right before the market closes on a day like today and vice versa, although I think we're trending towards a sustainable rally period.

I sold my long position at the end of today. I'm hesitant to get in short again. Made more the past week and a half than I have in the last year! Total luck though, and a big gamble. 99% of the time I [censored] it up...

Nice going, Drew. I don't have the courage to go short in this market, but that seems to have been the way to make money so far this year.

Most of the Metastock indicators are overbought now, and predicting an end to this rally. My guess is we'll retreat some next week, and then go higher into September.....

The Klinger Oscillator is topping and turning over on the Spyder's chart. This has been a fairly reliable indicator of the future direction of the overall market.
At best, I think we've got a few more sideways days and then a definite downtrend starting, retesting the previous lows in late September.
12.gif

Nope Drew, don't have enough Malox in the mecicine cabinent to short stocks.
27.gif

Yesterday's rally did surprise me. I did some more analysis last night, and the indicators still are turning over, even with the up day factored in.
This was just a short-term call; I still think we'll form a bottom and have a gradual uptrend going into the new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back