Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got wacked today. Down ~3%. In actual $$, I'm in the red $101.47, approximately. OTOH: I backed up the truck on HAL & NAT. HAL is +1.50 in after hours.

It's hard to buy when your brokerage is so backed up that it takes 10 minutes to complete an order, but I found a way.
coffee.gif

Pablo, get this:

The day before the crash (I had a feeling & my indicators)told me the run was over, so........

I went from 13% Cash to 40% Cash !!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

Now I wait & watch, then POUNCE.

Not bad, eh?

Excellent.

I'm easing into a few funds. Nothing huge. On the Dow it looks like the first 200 down was very real. The last 200 points was pure panic. Wish I had been at home with the PC going and MSNMoney and Bloomberg on the tell with radio squawking.

I need to study the S&P 500 chart.

Correction, heck, this looked like a full scale meltdown. This is good, though. Gotta keep some fear in the markets.
shocked.gif

The key will be if the Dow drops some more tomorrow morning and tests today's lows. If it rebounds off the lows, and closes higher, then it's time to buy again. If it hits a lower low tomorrow, this mess could last a while.....

My gut feeling is that we'll get a rebound with some short-covering on the open tomorrow.
coffee.gif
twocents.gif

Quote:

OMPG - yeah what's up with Fidelity? Their servers are CHOKING. I can't do squat!!! Angry.

You got me...
dunno.gif
I managed to get out 6 buy orders by starting a new buy order as soon as the last one was accepted. Did a lot of guessing where the next price point would be, worked out ok, but I would have doon better if the system wasn't so choked up.
frown.gif
bop.gif
coffee.gif

Quote:

I tried PM'in them. That's down. So just wrote a VERY ANGRY email to them.

Heh, heh.. I wrote a very polite email this morning which basically said, "what the frak!! I'm a retail investor paying the long prices. lets get with the program." Said in a polite cultured tone of course.
grin.gif

I'll bet that we are not the only ones that complained. Just had a thought, you'r on the west coast, I'm on the east coast. That should show the breadth of of the problem. I'll let you know what they say..
coffee.gif

Watching CNBC right now. They are saying that the big dip yesterday afternoon was caused by the DOW going down. Orders backed up for nearly an hour. When the system came back and started processing all those orders it caused the the dip, somewhere along in there, the NYSE started failing in some manor as well.
coffee.gif

Everything took a hit. FIREX is down ~6%, FEMKX is down ~9%.
I ended up about even with Tue., but with a bunch more shares of HAL & NAT at bargain prices. These 2 will be big money makers for me down the road.
whistle.gif
coffee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back