Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did buy just 300 shares at $22.50. I was feeling good about the close, too (at 23.14) - but right now it's above my buy point. It's earnings news and the earning were positive.

Last trade at $22.71

Me too. Watched until it established a up trend and bought [email protected]. As soon as I did, it took another dive.
puke.gif
Watched for another hour and a half and bought another [email protected]. What the heck is going on with GLW?
blush.gif
shocked.gif
hide.gif

Quote:

Just don't watch it every second is my philosophy - if it's down more than 8% from your buy points, dump it.

Downgraded by UBS.

Or just screw it and hold...........

Dang, every time I buy some, it drops more. I'll wait to see the bottom and decide then wither to buy more. I've traded GLW 3 times this year and made good money twice. Only lost a few pennies when I sold yesterday afternoon.

Don't buy down anymore. Once and out for me - but ideally never. I am pretty close to - 8%, but not yet.

I guess buying down is OK if it’s a tiny portion of your portfolio – because it’s gambling. But if the total value into that stock will be more than 3-4% of your portfolio, don’t do it. Corning is a good company – let’s go long.

I had a great year (and I don't think it's over) with AAPL and some others.
I'm way ahead now, and will be looking to take some money to get some nice home improvements done.

Thanks, Pablo!
I'm pretty happy, I think I can now build that garage and Jacuzzi.
My 100-year old house is nearing sorta completion status.
smile.gif

Last word on earnings:http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2006/10/25/cramer-slams-amazon-com-says-bezos-buying-revenue/ So this crazy market will trade against the grain.

Charts are just OK. They are better than guessing. They are a tool. Charts must be used in conjunction with other input.

Even IBD gets nailed by charts. I have some bought several stocks with perfect cup and handles, with up on volume - just to get NAILED the next day. So I take charts with a grain of salt.

Now I do believe in the value of screening by chart activity. And when I retire and turn pro I will buy some live screening software.

So on AGU you are pointing out the lack of insider trading??

Hey stay the coarse on GLW. We still are not into full swing with the Diesel Particulate filtration stuff. Mid next year you will be able to see a huge difference.

That's my opinion though.

I'm making good money on it now but looking to go to at least 35 before I sell some. Though I think this is really a long term keeper through 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back