Inline lubricator For Impact Wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always just threw in a few drops of tool oil and maybe once a month or so I would flood the tool with oil (outside...makes a mess)and I've never had any issues. If it was a production type of use, like a tire shop or other almost constant use I would run a lubricator. Trouble is usually finding one with high enough flow to not starve the gun.

If you do run a lubricator use a dedicated hose so you don't end up pumping oil residue into tires etc. or...ending up losing a bunch of the lube coating the inside of the hose and not going to the gun.

Last edited:
Honestly man, a drop or two ATF a day will keep the doctor away!

I suppose in theory it works like an oil injected 2T engine. Gives you a metered amount of oil for the air you are using, less wasted oil and less mess. I think it would work best either right at the hose intlet, or in a shop that has mostly hard lines.

I would not want oil anywhere inside of my hoses because I want to use them to paint things. It seems to be for a very specific production environment where the tools are working 24/7 by employees who do not care enough to bother oiling the tools before each shift, something like an assembly line. Mostly hard lines, short whip hoses at each station and shift after shift of low or semi skilled employees driving tools into the ground.

Inline lubricator really not needed IMO. Also drops pressure to the tool, not really ideal

Squirt of air tool oil when you put it away, store handle up

Another squirt when you pull it out to use it

My impact wrench is going on 4 years old now, 3 years of which were used professionally. If it was a heavy day I'd lube it at lunch too.

I've had it apart a couple times for detailed cleaning / inspection and don't see any major wear. And that's with the compressor spitting water

If you're hard fixed on getting one, then do it proper like this. Just mind that you don't cross contaminate your hoses. Once a hose is used with an oiler like this, it can never be used for tasks like painting
https://www.amazon.com/LUBRICATOR-OILER-...1XS7ZJ7ZKVZK8PS

The luber is for assembly like type of use. When I was employed We turned up the compressors in the service vans to 175 psi + and usually the tools broke before they wore out. We didn't have the time to pussyfoot with 90 psi speed. A quality air tools will last a long time oiling it before each use per day .

Originally Posted By: CT8
The luber is for assembly like type of use. When I was employed We turned up the compressors in the service vans to 175 psi + and usually the tools broke before they wore out. We didn't have the time to pussyfoot with 90 psi speed. A quality air tools will last a long time oiling it before each use per day .

My tools have seen 145-165 all their life without problem FWIW. Only break I had was a cheap $30 one I got before I knew anything about anything. Trigger broke on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back