If cardboard end caps are so bad, then....

Status
Not open for further replies.
side-by-side Honda OEM filters (A01 Filtech on the left, A02 Fram on the right); same filter cutting tool as Pablo mentioned - it's nice!

dsc00749.jpg

dsc00750.jpg

dsc00751.jpg

dsc00752.jpg

dsc00753.jpg

dsc00754.jpg

Quote:

I just checked last night. I looked closer at the new Wix filter on my shelf. It has sturdy plastic end caps. I feel better now. I'm pretty sure the OEM one had cardboard.

Are you talking about the FL 2017B? I have seven different cartridge filters for the 2.3 and are all plastic. I think you're referring to the felt seal at the top. I don't see an issue with this felt piece...it's just for seating purposes.

Good thing that Fram/Honda filter is out of there..
Looks like it's on the verge of collapsing.

I heard the Chinese street food vendors would love to get their hands on some Fram filters.

Quote:

Quote:

I just cut open of the Honda of America Made In Canada Fromda filters.....cardboard is a bad description. More like compressed fibrous media....

Had what I assume is called the "clicker"(?) bypass valve.

Anyway, well constructed filter with a good silicone ADBV.

I've cut them open too, and they look just like Fram Tough Guards without the screen over the bypass valve.

I'm running an EaO13 now. I love it and will continue to use these. My oil light goes off before my car starts. Thanks Pablo!!!

Brian

The EAO13 did seem to offer instant oil pressure on my Hondas when I tried them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back