I still have the Blazer. Fun for all on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Why don't you drive the Honda instead of the Expedition?

I think it "runs" perfect but need a distributor, wires, headlights, battery and rad. He got the trunk lid though

Originally Posted By: silverrat
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Why don't you drive the Honda instead of the Expedition?

I think it "runs" perfect but need a distributor, wires, headlights, battery and rad. He got the trunk lid though

You both are hitting on it right...

Nick1994: I - we, actually - used to drive the Honda everywhere we had to go, including Philadelphia and Boston, Massachusetts. Then it got stolen.

silverrat: Yes.. what I am saying, is, that, before it was stolen, it ran perfect. And, after adding back the removed items, I expect it to again.

If they "Drive it like they stole it" then that means a lot of WOT, and getting carbon out of my engine and system.
thumbsup2.gif

Though... it is troubling that you can drive a stolen car across Newark in the wee hours of the night, super fast presumably... and ot get stopped. This is a problem.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

No, that is a fair question...

As to THIS TRUCK. This PARTICULAR, EXACT truck. The green and tan one I been posting pictures of.. "Even though" it has a great interior, and "Even though" it has a rust monster lurking.. This truck has SENTIMENTAL VALUE.

I ALREADY KNOW working on this truck could be called a "waste." All I am saying is that.. THIS TRUCK? .. can't be. Because of the sentimental value.

Can you please explain what is so important to you about this truck?
Is it the first ever vehicle you ever bought with your hard earned money?
Was it your father's truck, that he left to you when he died?
Did you win it on Wheel of Fortune, the same day that you met your wife?

I can't (and I'm guessing others too) see what's so important about this truck.

Quote:
As to the Honda? .. I have never had a car stolen, nor recovered. So, again: Sentimental.

Okay, honestly, this just doesn't make any sense.
What exactly is sentimental about having your vehicle stolen, and then recovered?

If you were keeping this one because you wanted the experience of rebuilding the car, and that was your primary reasoning, that would be one thing. But you're just keeping it because it was stolen? I don't know what to say about that.

Quote:
And the Expedition is actually NOT a piece of junk, it simply is entering into maintenance for the first time in its life. And it is doing so, with me. So, make of that what you will. (I am SURE I would catch more flack if I never touched it, and let it start failing.)

You are correct that the Expedition is probably in the best condition of all three vehicles that are currently in your care. It is probably the only one that can legally drive down the road. Probably the only one that can physically start up, and drive down the road too.

The problem is that you currently don't have the funds to properly maintain it, nor does the person who actually owns it (since you have indicated that it belongs to your wife, I believe).

Part of that is because of the payroll issues at your work, and again, I'm sorry to hear about that. Not getting paid sucks, especially when the issue is caused by someone else not doing their job properly.

Since everyone here on this forum has a fairly good understanding that you do not have the technical abilities to correctly repair this, or most any other vehicle, we all know you need to spend extra money by taking it to a mechanic.

We also know that your financial status sometimes prevents you from taking it to a mechanic that is worth what you are paying him, so that only complicates things further.

A good portion of the people on this forum, in your situation, would do things differently than you currently are. Selling the Honda/Blazer would be step one in getting the money needed in order to get the Expedition back into fully functional status. Putting money into either one of those projects, when you don't have any money to spare, is highly illogical.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

As to THIS TRUCK. This PARTICULAR, EXACT truck. The green and tan one I been posting pictures of.. "Even though" it has a great interior, and "Even though" it has a rust monster lurking.. This truck has SENTIMENTAL VALUE.

I ALREADY KNOW working on this truck could be called a "waste." All I am saying is that.. THIS TRUCK? .. can't be. Because of the sentimental value.

BC, I like you. I can accept that, and, again, fair question.

This is, in fact, a truck left from a deceased father. He had a couple - yes, literally in "at least 2" - S-10 Blazers. I believe I posted the picture of the blue one he had, as a dealer leftover, fully loaded and very pretty, back in 1994. Malcom Conner Chevrolet, Rt 17, Paramus. The one with "Corvette World" on the whole second floor. On the beach.. One with my family around it, and one with just it. At Point Pleasant. IIRC, he rolled it coming home late one night, back before mobile phones were even around in any kind of way.. Read: Nobody had cell phones back in 1994. Maybe beepers.. not in my social circle nor class of living, anyways. Maybe the rich had them. Since I feel the need to be literal with you. Anyways, he was ok.. Truck was a nice mess. Seems like "push bars" or "grille bars" (the ones that get welded into the frame and apparently replace the tow hooks.. wow, I feel old describing them!) .. don't help in a rollover, in the wee hours of the night. Anyways.. HE WAS OK. So he went and got another. Nice NY State salt effect going on.. same larger tires, same fully loaded model, same 4.3 super duper. But it was a mechanical [censored]. No care of what moved was really taken, and I got it with the engine with the blown Head Gasket.. I have videos of me trying to see what I can do.

Do I need to go on? ..

I also developed a liking for the Blazer. He let me drive it home when I was 15. I came to a nice gradual stop from 70MPH on the NY State Thru-Way when cars had to stop for.. i forget what. It was raining. He was in passenger seat.. asleep. I said.. "Great ABS!"

I am my Father's son.

I just have to remember that my 31x10.5R15LTs Take Speed AWAY from the speedo. I remember him getting that ticket for 81MPH in Georgia; Speedo said 77 or 79 or something. Not NJ.. LOL. Scared of Georgia and Virginia.

Quote:
As to the Honda? .. I have never had a car stolen, nor recovered. So, again: Sentimental.

What exactly is sentimental about having your vehicle stolen, and then recovered?

If you were keeping this one because you wanted the experience of rebuilding the car, and that was your primary reasoning, that would be one thing. But you're just keeping it because it was stolen? I don't know what to say about that.

The experience of having a car stolen affects everyone differently. For me, it took me to a very dark place. I became very angry, confrontational, and did things I never have before. I could not believe it happened. Anyone that suggested I may never see the car again.. I either remained silent, or teared them a new one, verbally. I also made a huge, huge mega thread on Credit Boards about it, just seeing how people would react to a young man, whose livelihood was taken. So... While I COULD have said "I want to rebuild it," my skills are not quite there. For me, the fact that the car was recovered...

and not burned..
and not crashed into a tree or pole, as I have seen done in this city..
and not shipped to Puerto Rico...

... counts me as fortunate...

.. and, since it is in a tie of mechanical condition with the Expedition, probably even taken better care of? (Sunroof does not leak, no broken door visors, had inspection passed did not need me to clear codes and put "Guaranteed To Pass" additives, replace a non-working right signal light, fix a door that made her have to pull the interior lights fuse and she no longer has to do that, next up: Change the rims on the assenger side, so they all match.. still need to change the windshield wipers.. I did a lot for the Expie. The Honda? Purchased with: NO ISSUES.. AND a low-mileage engine about 79,000 miles was quoted from a 2000. So, I really, honestly am failing to see why the Honda gets chided, when the Expedition gets praised. Changed some ATF on Expedition, changed motor oil and filter, since it went an ABSOLUTELY too long time. It even stopped "valve tick" from the very first time the key was turned after I put in the ROYAL PURPLE SN 0W-20. So...

1. A car, that is in the BEST shape of the three;
2. Combined with my own personal and unique feelings about having my rightful property returned to me, away from [censored] that deserve to die; and
3. Having the moral high ground and intelligence to not lie to this community saying "I want to fix it myself," rather that "I would mess up an otherwise perfect car;" and, also,
4. We will see if there are any nasty surprises or missing parts when it gets up on that lift at the shop.
5. Hondas are super easy to work on, and I am confident Corozal can make it run, as it did. Again, we will see if we missed anything nasty in these thieve's joyride. Indications point to that nothing major at all was taken...

Quote:
And the Expedition is actually NOT a piece of junk, it simply is entering into maintenance for the first time in its life. And it is doing so, with me. So, make of that what you will. (I am SURE I would catch more flack if I never touched it, and let it start failing.)

You are correct that the Expedition is probably in the best condition of all three vehicles that are currently in your care. It is probably the only one that can legally drive down the road. Probably the only one that can physically start up, and drive down the road too.

The Honda is all of these things, and believe it or not, the Blazer is the only one that has the Insurance dropped for the time being... since, yes, "I share everything." It does not bother me. I am an open person. And I will tell you how I feel. If that is legal or not, we honestly do not care. When it can move on its own is when it gets re-added, thank you.

Both the Expediditon and Honda are Registered and Insured with valid Inspection stickers, as per NJ, thank you.

The problem is that you currently don't have the funds to properly maintain it, nor does the person who actually owns it (since you have indicated that it belongs to your wife, I believe).

Though this is correct, I want to point something out to you: ONE part of that sentence is changing. I now make $10/hour at Job 1 and $13.25/hr at Job 2. This was not the case before February 4th. So.. Fast and Furious with me. And those movies suck. R.I.P. Paul Walker. He should not have been driving a Porsche like that.

Part of that is because of the payroll issues at your work, and again, I'm sorry to hear about that. Not getting paid sucks, especially when the issue is caused by someone else not doing their job properly.

Epic agreement!

Since everyone here on this forum has a fairly good understanding that you do not have the technical abilities to correctly repair this, or most any other vehicle, we all know you need to spend extra money by taking it to a mechanic.

Epic agreement! Part Deux! .. Which brings us to this Blazer. I extract general knowledge, and make a plan for it. Might even get a 100% Rebuilt vehicle out of it, too...

We also know that your financial status sometimes prevents you from taking it to a mechanic that is worth what you are paying him, so that only complicates things further.

You know me very well.
smile.gif

Honorable mention to Sam in Weymouth with that Volvo.

A good portion of the people on this forum, in your situation, would do things differently than you currently are. Selling the Honda/Blazer would be step one in getting the money needed in order to get the Expedition back into fully functional status. Putting money into either one of those projects, when you don't have any money to spare, is highly illogical.

I can respect that, but one more thing: High Functioning Asperger people, such as myself, see the world in shades of grey. We simply think different. Einstein could not put on a pair of matching socks and his teachers thought he was retarded. I pride myself that I do NOT use my High Functioning Aspergers as an excuse, rather a point of pride, and strength.

Ill be on soon.. the electric pallet jack has a mangled cord, these idiots musts ran over it and the Produce truck is pulling up. Maybe "OG." (I need to photoshop that pic, with BITOG names.) See you all soon!

Thank you. - Joseph

BC.

BC, I like you. I can accept that, and, again, fair question.

This is, in fact, a truck left from a deceased father. He had a couple - yes, literally in "at least 2" - S-10 Blazers. I believe I posted the picture of the blue one he had, as a dealer leftover, fully loaded and very pretty, back in 1994. Malcom Conner Chevrolet, Rt 17, Paramus. The one with "Corvette World" on the whole second floor. On the beach.. One with my family around it, and one with just it. At Point Pleasant. IIRC, he rolled it coming home late one night, back before mobile phones were even around in any kind of way.. Read: Nobody had cell phones back in 1994. Maybe beepers.. not in my social circle nor class of living, anyways. Maybe the rich had them. Since I feel the need to be literal with you. Anyways, he was ok.. Truck was a nice mess. Seems like "push bars" or "grille bars" (the ones that get welded into the frame and apparently replace the tow hooks.. wow, I feel old describing them!) .. don't help in a rollover, in the wee hours of the night. Anyways.. HE WAS OK. So he went and got another. Nice NY State salt effect going on.. same larger tires, same fully loaded model, same 4.3 super duper. But it was a mechanical [censored]. No care of what moved was really taken, and I got it with the engine with the blown Head Gasket.. I have videos of me trying to see what I can do.

Do I need to go on? ..

I also developed a liking for the Blazer. He let me drive it home when I was 15. I came to a nice gradual stop from 70MPH on the NY State Thru-Way when cars had to stop for.. i forget what. It was raining. He was in passenger seat.. asleep. I said.. "Great ABS!"

I am my Father's son.

I just have to remember that my 31x10.5R15LTs Take Speed AWAY from the speedo. I remember him getting that ticket for 81MPH in Georgia; Speedo said 77 or 79 or something. Not NJ.. LOL. Scared of Georgia and Virginia.

Quote:

The experience of having a car stolen affects everyone differently. For me, it took me to a very dark place. I became very angry, confrontational, and did things I never have before. I could not believe it happened. Anyone that suggested I may never see the car again.. I either remained silent, or teared them a new one, verbally. I also made a huge, huge mega thread on Credit Boards about it, just seeing how people would react to a young man, whose livelihood was taken. So... While I COULD have said "I want to rebuild it," my skills are not quite there. For me, the fact that the car was recovered...

and not burned..
and not crashed into a tree or pole, as I have seen done in this city..
and not shipped to Puerto Rico...

... counts me as fortunate...

.. and, since it is in a tie of mechanical condition with the Expedition, probably even taken better care of? (Sunroof does not leak, no broken door visors, had inspection passed did not need me to clear codes and put "Guaranteed To Pass" additives, replace a non-working right signal light, fix a door that made her have to pull the interior lights fuse and she no longer has to do that, next up: Change the rims on the assenger side, so they all match.. still need to change the windshield wipers.. I did a lot for the Expie. The Honda? Purchased with: NO ISSUES.. AND a low-mileage engine about 79,000 miles was quoted from a 2000. So, I really, honestly am failing to see why the Honda gets chided, when the Expedition gets praised. Changed some ATF on Expedition, changed motor oil and filter, since it went an ABSOLUTELY too long time. It even stopped "valve tick" from the very first time the key was turned after I put in the ROYAL PURPLE SN 0W-20. So...

1. A car, that is in the BEST shape of the three;
2. Combined with my own personal and unique feelings about having my rightful property returned to me, away from [censored] that deserve to die; and
3. Having the moral high ground and intelligence to not lie to this community saying "I want to fix it myself," rather that "I would mess up an otherwise perfect car;" and, also,
4. We will see if there are any nasty surprises or missing parts when it gets up on that lift at the shop.
5. Hondas are super easy to work on, and I am confident Corozal can make it run, as it did. Again, we will see if we missed anything nasty in these thieve's joyride. Indications point to that nothing major at all was taken...

Quote:

The Honda is all of these things, and believe it or not, the Blazer is the only one that has the Insurance dropped for the time being... since, yes, "I share everything." It does not bother me. I am an open person. And I will tell you how I feel. If that is legal or not, we honestly do not care. When it can move on its own is when it gets re-added, thank you.

Both the Expediditon and Honda are Registered and Insured with valid Inspection stickers, as per NJ, thank you.

Though this is correct, I want to point something out to you: ONE part of that sentence is changing. I now make $10/hour at Job 1 and $13.25/hr at Job 2. This was not the case before February 4th. So.. Fast and Furious with me. And those movies suck. R.I.P. Paul Walker. He should not have been driving a Porsche like that.

Epic agreement!

Epic agreement! Part Deux! .. Which brings us to this Blazer. I extract general knowledge, and make a plan for it. Might even get a 100% Rebuilt vehicle out of it, too...

You know me very well.
smile.gif

Honorable mention to Sam in Weymouth with that Volvo.

I can respect that, but one more thing: High Functioning Asperger people, such as myself, see the world in shades of grey. We simply think different. Einstein could not put on a pair of matching socks and his teachers thought he was retarded. I pride myself that I do NOT use my High Functioning Aspergers as an excuse, rather a point of pride, and strength.

Ill be on soon.. the electric pallet jack has a mangled cord, these idiots musts ran over it and the Produce truck is pulling up. Maybe "OG." (I need to photoshop that pic, with BITOG names.) See you all soon!

Thank you. - Joseph

BC.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Well, that seems safe ...

I can see that getting interesting. Battery outgassing during recharging ... the wires spark.

They DID spark this morning, and tripped the breaker for our Supervisor's office this morning. BIG sparks. It knocked the cord back out of the outlet!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Notice anything different about the honda (other than the busted headlights)?

Different plate front and rear. I'm not sure about New Jersey, but around here that's not legal.

Or given the original poster, it may well be two different cars.

Job 1:

Maybe your employer thinks it's ok, but if you worked for me and you spent that much time trolling the internet, posting pictures of the workplace during work hours, and posting work documents on the internet, you'd be fired.

Notice anything different about the honda (other than the busted headlights)?

293543762363221aad2568c4a148c27d.jpg

4bab7154b68e5cde9964350cb96549c8.jpg

QP I'm not sure what you mean ?

It has two different plates ...

Ahh, ok. I see now.

As usual, there is a series of events behind this.

And there were never two different plates on the car at once, though my Uncle seemed to indicate something like that in Arizona at one time.. I never did want to find out more.

293543762363221aad2568c4a148c27d.jpg

Why is the license plate different on the Civic?

Oh, the license plate.

This car got towed for street cleaning before. So... we went immediately to get a release. The Newark city is so screwed that.. we showed them the license, registration and insurance. The car was in my name. The insurance was in hers... They flat-out refused to do ANYTHING until we:

1. Went to the DMV,
2. Re-registered and re-titled the WHOLE CAR (they also would not let us sign over the plates) and
3. THEN went BACK to get the release. THEN get it out.

So.. K77 EJX (mine) then became K33 EUP (hers.)

Then they stole the car, and took the first K33 EUP off the trunk lid.

I would love to have my vanity plates, 82 KID back on there.

I also still have the K77 EJX pair. Waiting to sign over to another car.. of my name.

It has two different plates ...

The Ferrari pictures were several months before. As evidenced by being at the DD I used to work at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back