I need a torque wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learn something new everyday here! I always wondered what happened to Danaher Tool's J.S.Technology Inc.tool maker in Alpharetta Georgia. J.S. Technology was one of the 5 major U.S. manufacturers of torque wrenches back in the day. J.S. Technology made the old U.S. Craftsman torque wrenches as well as torque wrenches for KD, SK, Armstrong, NAPA, MATCO, ATD, Gearwrench, and a few others.

eTORK is a spinoff of J.S. Technology when that company was taken over by (I think) Apex:

From the etork site:
"eTORK wrenches have been designed and developed by founder and CEO, Jan S. Stasiek. Jan has over 40 years of proven and successful experience in the field of torque technology.......As the Owner and CEO of JS Technology, Jan supplied tools to some of the largest national tool brands. During the nineties, over 50% of torque wrenches sold in the US were designed, developed and manufactured by JS Technology. After JS Technology was sold to a major national corporation, Jan provided expertise and experience to help establish manufacturing facilities in China. Facilities which now produce eTORK wrenches. eTORK wrenches are distributed and serviced nationwide from its location in Roswell, Georgia"

If Mr. Stasiek applied his know-how and quality control to his Chinese made etork wrenches, they are indeed a very good value wrench. Priced about $60 +/-, they seem to be at the perfect price point to value for those who don't wrench professionally. Cool. Thanks for bringing up the etork topic.

A peek at some JS Technology US made wrenches on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...+technology+torque&_blrs=spell_check

I have this split beam in my wish list, since it was recommended here by a pro.

https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Instruments-PREC3FR250F-Silver-Torque/dp/B002XMSFIM

The advantage of a split beam is you don't have to wind it down between uses. Also supposed to be very accurate.

After reading this thread, thinking about getting the HF torque adapter as well.

I have been well served by various branded beam torque wrenches, all made in USA by Sturtevant Richmont, I have multiples in 1/4 through 1/2. Never a calibration issue. But, I have run into the same problems listed here- the 1/2 doesn't go over 150 lbs, and even the 3/8 is a tough fit under some fenders for brake caliper bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back