I GOT A NEW TRUCK. OIL CHANGE QUESTION.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought myself a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 2.7L 4cyl. I was pretty much a Ford guy since then. I am running Mobil Clean 5000 in there now. Its not an extended driver. Only to work and back. Maybe 11miles on way. Only on for about 15min. Other than that not I don't really go anywhere on the weekends.
My question is how long can I go on this type of oil being conventional and all. My driving habits are a little stop and go but the summers can be brutal down here in GA. Should I go three months or 3000 or do the five months/5000miles?
I don't know much about Toyota engines other than many people here have mixed emotions about them. They were supposed to be redesigned weren't they?

Thanks ahead of time.
TIM

Its a sturdy oil so 6 months/5000 miles like the bottle says shouldnt be a problem. Of course a UOA would confirm that but you could change your oil twice for the price of that.

If you maintain your truck well the summer in Georgia should be no problem at all. Besides oil changes you should take care of the rest of the maintenance as well. 5k/6 months would work just fine.

Don't worry about the 2.7 four. It's a good engine.

Originally Posted By: Timothy Ferguson
Should I go three months or 3000 or do the five months/5000miles?

I would split the difference... 4K OCI/six months... whichever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back