How Many Quarts of GC have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running out. I'm down to 40 quarts.
frown.gif

Just picked up 5 qts of M02338 on Monday night. I searched 2 more AZ locations in Wisconsin (Beaver Dam and Watertown). Only one had 2 bottles of GC (from 2003) but they were leaky. No big deal I guess, but I passed on them.
shocked.gif

So far I've used 15 qts of GC (3 oil changes) and I have 20 qts of it on the shelf. I'll probably buy another 10 qts or so, but I'm hesitant to buy more than that because I also have:
12 qts of Mobil 1
4 5-qt jugs of Mobil 1
10 qts of Redline
That's enough oil to last me for at least 2 years and frankly, I'm not convinced that oil technology has reached it's zenith with the current formulation of GC. I fully expect that there will be something even better available by that time. Blasphemy, I know!
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by harrydog:
I'm not convinced that oil technology has reached it's zenith with the current formulation of GC. I fully expect that there will be something even better available by that time. Blasphemy, I know!
shocked.gif

...something even better?...pshaw, harrumph and balderdash!
rolleyes.gif

11 quarts, don't know what vintage, never bothered to check. A rare find here in Gainesville, must be some GC lurkers down here scarfing it all up.
mad.gif

43 qts. for now, but I can hear the elves calling to me "buy some more, buy some more" must...resist!...must...Oh the heck with it!! My wife is very understanding, UP UP AND AWAYYY!!

27 qts of GC(M03 & M04s) on the ready for the 1.8T(out of my 147qt stash)..500mi to go for this A-Rx rinse before the next oci at 50k.

p.s. I happen to have 12 ltrs of Motul E-Tech 0w40(circa '02) also on the ready...but am at odds which of the two to use next.
dunno.gif

As tempting as it sounds, I won't fall into that black hole. I have none! I like GC, but I'm leaning for M1 T&SUV at this moment. I have a gallon of Delo and a qt of motorcraft 15W-40, and it sort of bugs me to see it sitting there.
There is just no need for me (or you) to stockpile oil, unless I can score a few on a very good sale.

BTW, I have a 10,030 mile GC OCI in the mail from my wife's Corolla. No make up, so it should be interesting! It is doped though with Rick's Brew (Patent pending.)
wink.gif

"Down" to 177 from my all-time high of 266. May let it go down until we can get some solid evidence about whether the 05 stuff is reformulated or not. If it is, I have a stash of 04 hidden at a local AZ. If its the same, I'll float around 100qts. 5 vehicles, should last all year.

I've got somewhere around 65L of it. But it supplies four different vehicles, so that is only about an 18 month supply right there.

I've got about a 50/50 mix between M03 and M04 stuff. No M05 stuff has made it up here yet as far as I've seen. I have no intention of buying the M05 stuff until we know it's just as good.

quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:
There is just no need for me (or you) to stockpile oil, unless I can score a few on a very good sale.

Well, as of the latest a barrel of oil now cost over $56...regular unleaded here in SoCal is now at $2.29. I just filled up on premium for $2.45 for my 1.8T.

Besides the oil bargains I found which are too good to pass up, the ever climbing price of crude oil is also a driving(no pun)factor in loading up on automotive petroleum products in any way your hands can grab on...for the cheap(i.e. motor oil).

You gotta loosen the spigot(oil price)somewhere...
smile.gif

[ March 18, 2005, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

Have 6. There are 30 qts. on shelves...04 and I see mucho North American behind some AND a lone GC where the Made in Germany is on the LEFT side of the bottle. Is that 05 stuff?
I keep waiting for a $3.99 sale....can't take it any longer, too many going being bought. I will get what's left tonight before the Yellow stuff takes over. (Elves have left the building....)

Scored 14 more quarts today of the M04 stuff.

Now up to 56 quarts total, my previous post about having 12 quarts of M03 is incorrect, they're all M04.

I felt kind of like a junkie leaving AutoZone today...

I had been using a witches brew of 3.5 quarts of M1 0w-30 with 1.0 quart of M1 15w-50 in both my GM 60 degree V6 engines; a '00 3400 and a '01 3100. I seemed to work well enough. It kept them quite at startup, did well on cold Winter mornings and didn't thin out in the heat of Summer after just a few thousand miles. In looking at the viscosity specs of the GC 0w-30 off the German website, both the 40C and 100C numbers seem to pretty well match those of my M1 witches brew, as well as those of the Amsoil 5w-30 and 10w-30 and Redline 5w-30 formulations.

We all now have to live in the aftermath of the M1 marketing debacle and the fact that most stores have dropped the M1 0w-30 selection simply because there isn't enough shelf space for all the weights/styles. Since I didn't want to have to use the M1 0w-40 oil in these engines and risk a 2-3% loss in fuel economy, I finally decided to give GC a try. Then I read here that the old yellow label Made in USA 0w-30 is resurfacing and maybe in fact replacing the real red label Made in Germany 0w-30. Say it ain't so!!

So yesterday at lunch, I stopped into my four local AutoZone stores and cleaned them out of all the red label Made in Germany bottles. I got 41 quarts in all. I didn't check the born-on date codes (shame on me), so I will have to do that this evening or tomorrow. Hopefully I didn't get too many of the M050 batch bottles with the amber formulation. When this is gone I guess I will go back to my witches brew, as long as I can find the new M1 EP 0w-30.

I also have in stock in the garage;

15 quarts of M1 5w-40 Truck & SUV
9 quarts of M1 0w-40
and 5 quarts of M1 15-50 all for the "other" engines

as well as 1 quart of straight 30 weight and 2 quarts of 10w-40 Valvoline and a 6-pack of MTD 50:1 2-stroke oil, all for the power equipment.

You know this is a sickness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back