How did your pro-rated battery warranty work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 2007 I had a wm yellow battery no receipt, 3.5 year date code. Worth $85 or so. Tested dud. Gave me a budget of $48 which let me buy a cheaper 2 year battery for a buck. I don't think it's this easy anymore...

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Seems like pro rata works for most people. I think I'll go with Costco in future. Maybe in another size. They are close to home and easy to work with.

I think you should go with costco.
In my experience at Costco,they process the battery warranty as a New Purchase (in the auto area), then tell you to bring the old battery to regular Customer Service as a Return. So the clock resets on your new battery same as if you bought it brand new. I have a feeling they may process the pro-rated the same way, as a different transaction from your New Purchase.

In my experience at Sears, they processed the warranty as an Exchange. So your original receipt and contract and warranty are still in place, you just got a exchanged unit in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng

In my experience at Sears, they processed the warranty as an Exchange. So your original receipt and contract and warranty are still in place, you just got a exchanged unit in.

Reading the conditions from my invoice from 3.5 years ago, it's not so clear.

You are right with regards to the full replacement 36 month warranty. They specifically say the exchange warranty is still from the original date.

But there is no mention on what happens to the original pro rated warranty.

And when it comes to changing the battery under the original pro rated warranty, that is not done as an exchange. It's a credit towards you buying a new battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back