How come cops don't always pull people over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: lawman1909
It is completely ___-backwards. I cannot see how one drives 1/2 a mile to go jogging lol

Of all the people you should know about not wanting
peds on a high speed narrow shoulder highway where motorists would not expect to see runners and joggers. You head to the park where there are LOW speed roads with ped paths to walk, run, and jog on.

I hope you are retired as well.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
New cars DO feel pretty slow at 80.

So does every non-Volkswagen German car I have ever been in. (As in, every BMW and Benz I have driven.)

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Originally Posted By: spasm3
...it looks like its going slow even at 80.

I want one of these!

80 is slow.

lol, the ciera ecm shuts down at 115.

New cars DO feel pretty slow at 80.

So does every non-Volkswagen German car I have ever been in. (As in, every BMW and Benz I have driven.)

I recall my mom's Audi 4000 cruising real nicely at 80+. No reason for it. It looked just like a Brazillian made Volkswagen Fox under the hood. Regular VW 1.8 8 valver and it would peg the 85 mph speedo all day with little effort.

I hated that car, but I have to admit that it was an exceptionally good open road car.

If its a highway that is one thing. I am thinking of a park in a community. Not a highway.

I actually drive to a park, as well. From where I am to Weequahic. It is a safety issue.

Is their something about your law enforcement experience that made what he said seem unlikely or unbelieveable to you? It didn't sound unusual to myself. What don't I know?

I am not trying to take digs at you, lawman, simply seeking to understand.

I saw it happen this morning, a huge transport truck ran a red light just as it went red (and he could have easily stopped for it) and there was a cop sitting right there at the intersection who could have easily pulled out and chased after him but he just sat there. I think he was more concerned with catching speeders this morning, but that transport running the light was more of a hazard than some guy in a car going a little over the speed limit.

Just say it to yourself.. "Driving 1/2 mile to go jogging". "Driving 1/2 mile due to a safety issue to go jogging." <------- That makes perfect sense. It was the unknown, the safety issue that I was not aware of. Having a safety issue makes it perfectly believable but again, I was not aware. Cheers

Of course some abuse it. The 1% that do ruin it for the 99% of us. Truthfully, a badge gives a person absolutely no more reason to break the law, or abuse society. The world is corrupt, every jot and tittle of it so yes, of course there is a certain level of corruption. IA is proof of that in every dep't. There is IA present due to the 1%. Cheers

My best friend was a Police Officer, and I know several more that still are. They've all said that there is no 'Quota' per se, but if they are working traffic, they are definitely evaluated on how many tickets they write..

Just say it to yourself.. "Driving 1/2 mile to go jogging". "Driving 1/2 mile due to a safety issue to go jogging." div>

10.gif

Just say it to yourself.. "Driving 1/2 mile to go jogging". "Driving 1/2 mile due to a safety issue to go jogging." div>

10.gif

do you guys walk to the jim (gym) to workout?
most areas where is redneck michigan has no sidewalk, walking any distance roadside is not something I would do.

I have forgotten my wallet many times when dropping my kids off on school days, the school is less than a mile from my house.

shall I go on? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back