Honda Civic Type R FK8; Honda Engine Type 2.0 0W20; 9307 Km / 5783 mi

IMG_0598.jpeg
Hello.

Here is the new oil analysis from our Kayli Honda Civic Type R FK8. The fuel consumption is very high, so we have decide to change the engine oil in future earlier. We have no oil consumption and no problems with this engine. What do you think about the analysis?

this engine oil is an oem Honda 0W20. what do you think about Lead? it is only at 2, but I don't think it is good. I have never seen Lead in an oil analysis from the civic type r. FE and SI looks normal, other analysis will be have the same, maybe little bit more.

This analysis looks really good to me. Even more so with this thin oil
and a high powered 2 l engine.
Just 2 ppm Pb is simply negligible. Such a cheap analysis isn't precise
or even reliable enough to worry about.
That said, Mo at 615 - 723 ppm is enormously high. 3.3 % fuel would
be my only concern. Mainly short trips and/or your engine is stock or
not?

You are right that this engine is used more often on short distances. We should turn that off quickly, I think there is already too much fuel in the oil. The car is absolutely standard, no changes. Now I'm thinking again about whether in my pure summer type r a 0W20 might be enough. Difficult.

You are right that this engine is used more often on short distances. We should turn that off quickly, I think there is already too much fuel in the oil. The car is absolutely standard, no changes. Now I'm thinking again about whether in my pure summer type r a 0W20 might be enough. Difficult.
#s are ok but, oil is a little thin. Could you try a thicker 0w-20? Oci looks good.

This is the oem product. In Germany we only can use this 0W20, nothing Else. Only the fuel consumption is a Little bit high, Thats Why the viscosity is soo thin.

Motul 300v has high Moly,too. But you are Right, idemitsu produced the Engine oil for Honda.

Yes, the fuel is 3,3%. I think it will come from short distances, because the Engines temperature is Not good at this time.
I have Not Seen lead in another Engine oil analysis of this Engine. I dont know where is it come from. Maybe the fuel consumption is too much, so viscosity is Break down.

I wouldn't worry about the lead. 2ppm is nothing. If it continues to come back on future UOA, then you might start to figure out where it's coming from. I'm guessing it won't come back, at least not consistently.

I'm looking at the oxidation the last two UOAs. Is it higher because of the fuel, or is Honda using more PAO in their most recent formulation? The additive package looks identical for all four UOAs, my guess is the extra fuel is breaking the oil down. I'd drop the oil change interval to 8000 km and see what it looks like. If it looks good for two consecutive oil change intervals, then maybe that is the sweet spot for this car.

i think 0w-30 is the way to go in these new Honda engines. it shears down pretty quickly anyway and 0w-30/5w-30 is an acceptable oil in some regions' manuals. also 2-6% oil dilution is pretty normal so take that into consideration when choosing an oil.

What about the gear oil? Original Honda mtf or something like amsoil synchromesh? Was about to order the Signature Series with engine oil. Now I have heard from some that the transmission can be shifted better with the amsoil.

Back