HERTZ in a lot of trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sue, who? The new CEO of Hertz is an investment banker. I am sure his "compensation package" is structured that he wins no matter what happens to Hertz. The question is just how big he wins.

I am sure class action lawsuits will be filed, but Hertz leadership will not be paying anything out of their personal pockets, but the current Hertz leadership will all likely be making seven figures or better this year.

I’ve always believed under specific circumstances individuals in the company need to be sued directly

Sue, who? The new CEO of Hertz is an investment banker. I am sure his "compensation package" is structured that he wins no matter what happens to Hertz. The question is just how big he wins.

I am sure class action lawsuits will be filed, but Hertz leadership will not be paying anything out of their personal pockets, but the current Hertz leadership will all likely be making seven figures or better this year.
Corporations can be sued. People deserve compensation that were thrown in jail. We all know idiots can make 6 or 7 figures. Unfortunately-there are far too many CEO's that have proven this.

Who is responsible for the miscarriage of justice? It has to start some where. Choice? there is always a choice. Who will compensate the falsely arrested ?
You're watching that process play out right now with the case now in civil court. Whoever signed the documents from Hertz swearing that cars had been stolen when they weren't, is on the hook, as well as management. Compensation will be paid. . . justice will be served. The cops were just doing what they're supposed to do when there's an active warrant.

You're watching that process play out right now with the case now in civil court. Whoever signed the documents from Hertz swearing that cars had been stolen when they weren't, is on the hook, as well as management. Compensation will be paid. . . justice will be served. The cops were just doing what they're supposed to do when there's an active warrant.
I was a judge from 1986 to 2018 and I’m currently prosecuting felonies. In my opinion Hertz is at fault; they took the action that put the car in NCIC as stolen and failed to correct it.

In many of these cases there was printed evidence of a contract in the car and the police still arrested the people.

I was a judge from 1986 to 2018 and I’m currently prosecuting felonies. In my opinion Hertz is at fault; they took the action that put the car in NCIC as stolen and failed to correct it.

Agreed. But as I read it, some of the cars were actually returned on time, and criminal charges were still filed with ensuing arrest warrants issued. It seems that the investigations supporting the charges and arrest warrants need review and I'm sure that's happening with the ongoing civil matter. Hertz should rightfully be spanked pretty hard for this.

Corporate abuse of a criminal system. Just raise the rental price enough to cover and use internal improved system and as latter straw civil system .

My guess is they reported but had very poor system of tracking their criminal reports once done and forgot about them.

If folks boycott Hertz it may be difficult to fund that 'compensation package'.

Reactions: wlk
Hertz absolutely sucks. I try to use National, but when I tried to reserve a car for my current trip I got a message that they would be closed when I was to land so I went with Hertz. My company recently secured an agreement with them so they did a status match to my Executive status with National, so I reserved a full size car and with my 5-star status on Hertz I thought my luck with them would change. Nope! My full size car is an ancient Sentra (old body style) with 55k miles that smells like an ashtray, has a damaged door and covered in bird poop. Why would they even rent this trash heap out? I have a 2 hour drive to Pittsburgh Thursday and I will be swapping this out for a National car before then.

iRTnJeX.jpg

Jr0mzcy.jpg

8S871CE.jpg

Hertz absolutely sucks. I try to use National, but when I tried to reserve a car for my current trip I got a message that they would be closed when I was to land so I went with Hertz. My company recently secured an agreement with them so they did a status match to my Executive status with National, so I reserved a full size car and with my 5-star status on Hertz I thought my luck with them would change. Nope! My full size car is an ancient Sentra (old body style) with 55k miles that smells like an ashtray, has a damaged door and covered in bird poop. Why would they even rent this trash heap out? I have a 2 hour drive to Pittsburgh Thursday and I will be swapping this out for a National car before then.

iRTnJeX.jpg

Jr0mzcy.jpg

8S871CE.jpg
DD,

Sorry to hear about your experience with Hertz- it is the norm now with Hertz, not the exception. I documented dozens of like incidents with Hertz since MAR 2020, as Hertz was the "low cost provider". I would often wait three- five hours for a car, and like you since I had status, I would end up getting a car after a very often multi hour wait. Those without status sometimes never got a car, even those with prepaid reservations.

The upside is Hertz and other rental places are on notice. Police at least now are held accountable when in error and in public shaming and thankfully occasional prosecution.

Things are getting better .

iRTnJeX.jpg

Jr0mzcy.jpg

8S871CE.jpg

I posted this at night when I picked it up, the next day in the light I saw how absolutely disgusting this car was inside...just filthy and beat to heck. It also had Linglong tires on it 🤣

New cars have been unobtainable for fleet buyers such as Hertz, so the rental companies have had to keep their existing fleet. That's why those of you who rent are getting higher-mileage cars.

Most automakers stopped low-profit fleet sales in favor of sending cars to dealers for retail sale after the supply-chain "problems" and chip "shortages" began. You should see some difference next year.

New cars have been unobtainable for fleet buyers such as Hertz, so the rental companies have had to keep their existing fleet. That's why those of you who rent are getting higher-mileage cars.

Most automakers stopped low-profit fleet sales in favor of sending cars to dealers for retail sale after the supply-chain "problems" and chip "shortages" began. You should see some difference next year.

No, this all on Hertz. I reserved a large car and have mid tier status with them and they give me a 2019 Sentra? They can also clean the car and put decent tires on it. I returned the car and went to National, got a 2021 Altima with 19k. Not the greatest rental I've ever had but at least it was acceptable.

No, this all on Hertz. I reserved a large car and have mid tier status with them and they give me a 2019 Sentra? They can also clean the car and put decent tires on it. I returned the car and went to National, got a 2021 Altima with 19k. Not the greatest rental I've ever had but at least it was acceptable.
I know firsthand of one auto company that temporarily stopped fleet sales in the US because of lack of available product. Would rather not name, but I work for it.

That's a good point. You need to have the contract in that packet when you drive a rental car. Here is where I don't get the Police rational. Valid contract-did they think the contract was a sophiscated forgery and the vehicle in question was actually stolen?

I don't wish to attach the Police. But I certainly would like somebody who is in law enforcement chime in here to what the rational would be.

How about the arrests that were made after Hertz issues became know via the media-and they were still detained? I don't get it.....
They wanted to throw their weight around. It meant they got to go to the station, maybe grope an attractive woman (or man), and probably get some easy overtime pay. They could also look through the car, see if anything catches their eye.

OK-thanks for the explanation. So-what would happen if anything- if the person you arrested just happened to have paperwork (on his person) from the court saying the warrant was recalled, satisfied what ever the legal term ? Still a night in jail?
Of course. Innocence isn't a defense. Claiming it too loudly might result in drowning yourself in a toilet. It's why my wife carries a method of suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back