help me choose a new coffee maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure its been covered but i have detailed questions. Im not in the market but will be im sure very soon for a new coffee maker. in recent history most makers seem to be lasting a year or less.

Requirements: 14 cup
2 hour auto shutoff
strong brew setting
mesh filter screen (must have)
stainless body cunstruction to go with other appliances
*programable is good but not a deal breaker* although i know even the cheapies have this.
Sneak a cup feature is also valued.. although not a requirement.

Im looking to stay in the $100.00 Range

What do you have ? how do you like it ?

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
2 hour auto shutoff
strong brew setting
*programable is good but not a deal breaker* although i know even the cheapies have this.

Not exactly my cup of tea (or coffee, lol), but this Cuisinart seems highly rated and I think it meets your requirements:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC-2600...ee+maker+14+cup

I have a 12 cup cuisinart..love it.. the 14 cup one above is nice too! Has charcoal filters to filter the water too..

Consumer Reports tests all kinds of kitchen gadgets....

Go to your library. Get a copy of the latest issue, and look near the back. There is an index of past issues and reviews, coffeemakers should be in there..

Also look for the yearly issue, a book of reviews from the previous year...

My Mr Coffee 4 cup is 18 years old. Simple on-off and makes great coffee. Simple is better IMO for longevity, but some makers just don't make good coffee. That would be the bottom line for me, good coffee. Read the customer reviews on Amazon.

Hello, Since you're burning through coffee makers in a year's time I conclude you're using it in work setting. I suggest you immediately buy a standby replacement carafe (if glass) for any unit you buy.

It's funny, my family had a coffee maker which made bitter, foul coffee every time. I tried it in about 6 locations and the coffee never varied. Kira

When my coffee maker stops working, I usually buy the cheapest $10-$12 coffee make(turn on/off) & paper filters that I can find from W*M, BL's etc. I always keep the FARBERWARE SS on hand for an emergency. For large parties, we have the 30+ cup coffee brewer.

French Press is a bit more time consuming but is dirt cheap and makes infinitely better coffee. Something to consider.

No, its for our home. And yes we have been burning through them, around a year on average. Doesnt matter if its $15 or $150 ive had both and both lasted about the same time frame. Approximately four years now and on third maker looking do buy a better fourth. My dads a liftime coffee drinker and states similiar findings in a year or two on most makers that are used daily.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
2 hour auto shutoff
strong brew setting

Not exactly my cup of tea (or coffee, lol), but this Cuisinart seems highly rated and I think it meets your requirements:

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC-2600...ee+maker+14+cup

Yes sir, i spent 30 minutes last night reading reviews on this model. I like it ! other than some complaints of it leaking water it seams to be exactly what im looking for.

No, its for our home. And yes we have been burning through them, around a year on average. Doesnt matter if its $15 or $150 ive had both and both lasted about the same time frame. Approximately four years now and on third maker looking do buy a better fourth. My dads a liftime coffee drinker and states similiar findings in a year or two on most makers that are used daily.

That's why I recommended a Bunn. For $120-150, you'll get one that will last 10 years. My parents had one that eventually burnt out after 11 years and they promptly replaced it with the exact same model.

I've been in my house for 30 years and IIRC, I have only purchaced 5 cheap coffee makers. They all make great coffee. Even my friends who claim to be coffee connoissuers' and always buy boutique brand coffees' or grind their own, tell me how nice my coffee always tastes. Robust but, never bitter!

I only buy regular coffee from the grecery store and just add a bit more(rounded scoups) to the basket/filter for 12 cups. Sometimes I add "juuuuust a pinch" of flavord coffee to the basket. And ground cinnimon is always a nice addition as I only drink my coffee black.

Wuuuuut! Nobody up this morning? Wake up sleepy heads and put on the coffee
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: dparm
French Press is a bit more time consuming but is dirt cheap and makes infinitely better coffee. Something to consider.

French press is the way to go if you want the best flavor. I was always skeptical until I finally got the chance to try french pressed coffee. I'm a convert!

41WYVTXV50L.jpg

Don't get a glass one, they break. Very low price on the 36 ounce model today at only 58.95 shipped via amazon prime. Had to buy a second one for that kind of deal.

Drip brew coffee can never match up to a press in anything other than convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back