Has anyone tried a Fram Ultra Cartridge yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked a few of these up at a good price, and planning to give em' a try.

Thanks to the snow and cold here, I had to get the cav's oil change done at the dealership, and with my oil, I left two filters, the Fram ultra, and the Delco one. I figured they would use the Delco filter (GM dealership), but the reason they gave me was interesting-they were just not sure about the metal backing inside.(Strange, since it's the same without a can)

Anyways, my other two are also up, so one (or maybe both) will get the filter. But unlike the other cartridges, I have not heard much feedback on them yet.

Anyone give one a try? Your thoughts?

I see AutoZone has Fram Ultra cartridges for the Cavalier (XG9018) for $25.98!!! The AC Delco filter which I think is a Hengst for $7.99 - that's what I use on a friend's Cavalier and they appear to be good quality. The Mobil is $19.99 and the Bosch and Fram Tough Guard are both $12.99.

$26 is kind of crazy. I buy excellent quality Mahle and Mann cartridges for my BMW for under $6 online.

Last edited:
I have about 4 fram ultra cartridges for my 2.4L ecotec. However I have not tried any, as I am currently using up my acdelco filters. I got my fram ultras from walmart for about $10 bucks, no way I'd pay $26!!

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Never even seen one listed. Where'd you get it?

Almost 5 bucks at a closing Advance Auto Parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back