GUMOUT Regane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Would adding a 20 oz bottle of Gumout Regane/All In One to a 20 gal gas tank be considered overdosing? (20 oz treats up to 35 gal's of fuel) The back label instructions states to pour in the entire contence into a near enpty tank and add between 18-35 galons of gas.

Char Baby,

Your fine as you read it. Just add the bottle and rest easy dude:)

Durango

OK! It's now 8 days later and I'm almost at the end of the tank of gas(waiting for the "Low Fuel" light to appear. And only now is the engine just starting to feel like it's waking up as this lethargic feeling that I was experiencing is why I threw in a large bottle of cleaner. Lethargic/lazy is how I will describe the Lexus RX-300 V6 engine. Used to be ballsey now, it just goes about it's business. It's smooth with no hesitation, just not quick as it was. Quick and snappy actually is how it used to be. Even lost about a second on the 0-60 mph by my timer(same one used when new). My fastest 0-60 best was 8.6 seconds, now I lucky to get under 10sec's. Same road, same digital timer, usually measure with 1/4 tank of gas for consistancy. Seat of the pants is what I noticed first which is why I retested. Cool temps or warm it doesn't matter. Vehcile is well maintained. Plugs look great, the way I want plugs to look!

My question is, can I throw in another bottle on this same OCI? Seems like another bottle might do the trick. Changed the oil/filter late June, barley gone a 1,000 miles! Oil/Filter are: 2qts QSTP 10W30 3qts PYB 5W30 and Puro Classic filter.

Comments Please!

Or, let me add this...I used to use MMO in every tank full of fuel as/per the recomended dose on the back label. Then I had to replace the 02 & A/F sensors and I thought that the MMO might have effected them. This was after about 3 + years of MMO use. I then read the reliability record on the RX-300 and on the top of the list of parts replaced early was 02 & A/F sensors(then sludging engines and early tranny failures) and in turn, thought differently about MMO. I'm thinking about the MMO again although I can't say that I noticed that MMO did anything good or bad in anything that I own that's EFI. I do like MMO in carb'd engines, (my old Firebird V8 4bbl and lawn/snow equipment) but, nothing different in EFI's that I can tell. Nothing smoother/quieter or better MPG like in the carb's.

Thought again please!

Thanks, CB

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Doesn't 20 gal. fall between 18 and 35?
15.gif
I never woulda thought of that!!!
12.gif

I can see no harm being done with another dose of Regane. You can also switch to a different cleaner such as Redline / Techron / 3M etc. Also have you considered trying Toyota system cleaner in a small can? That is potent cleaner and has warning on the can as to not leave in the tank for longer than necessary.

Well, I already have a stash of Regane and was just wondering if a second dose during the same OCI is out of the ordinary with harmful results. As far as the makers of Regane is concerned, they mention to use at OCI's for example but, I'm not sure if that's their way of covering their... I've given some info on my recent OCI an was just wondering what our friends at BITOG think.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Originally Posted By: badtlc
Doesn't 20 gal. fall between 18 and 35?
15.gif
I never woulda thought of that!!!
12.gif

Thanks STEVE, I needed to see that again!

I'm also asking about harmful results when using a second dose especially in the larger quantity bottles which would of course be more concentrated(20 oz treats up to 35 gal's) as compared to the 12-16 oz bottles(or whatever size Regane sells)

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Or, let me add this...I used to use MMO in every tank full of fuel as/per the recomended dose on the back label. Then I had to replace the 02 & A/F sensors and I thought that the MMO might have effected them. This was after about 3 + years of MMO use. I then read the reliability record on the RX-300 and on the top of the list of parts replaced early was 02 & A/F sensors(then sludging engines and early tranny failures) and in turn, thought differently about MMO. I'm thinking about the MMO again although I can't say that I noticed that MMO did anything good or bad in anything that I own that's EFI. I do like MMO in carb'd engines, (my old Firebird V8 4bbl and lawn/snow equipment) but, nothing different in EFI's that I can tell. Nothing smoother/quieter or better MPG like in the carb's.

Thought again please!

Thanks, CB

I'd switch back to the MMO once you complete the FI cleaner treatment.

I've run doses of FI cleaner back to back with out doing any harm. After things are cleaned up the MMO will lube the injectors and keep hard carbon deposits from forming. It will also provide UCL benefits.

demarpaint, Thanks, sounds like a plan! Going to fill up later and add 8 oz of MMO prior to filling the tank(20 gal).
I'll do another Regane treatment prior to the next OCI. I think that others would have agreed with you on this one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back