GT's Running Volvo thread. The 00 XC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jigen
Lol the last batch of GTH post just confirmed troll status. Absolutely hilarious. Posts oddball pics of yourself and then continue to disregard all advice because you don't have the money at the time... And then you follow up with posts about buying car ramps and pics of shopping carts filled with sockets and motor oil...

Yeah, because motor oil is different than the T-belt fund.

Do I knock you for putting gas in your car and feeding yourself and call you troll because you are saving for a house or nice car or some nice high-dollar item for yourself?

Are you REALLY suggesting that I do not do the maintenance that I can do???
Do you SEE all that water, bought on EBT????

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
But didn't you recently change the oil? Why do you need more oil right now?

A valid question, QP. And I have an answer:

It has become sort of an OCD habit of mine (I have OCD, can't you tell?) to make the very first fill of an oil, upon purchasing the car, etc, very short, ~2000 or 3000 miles.. Particularly since I had thought, upon listening to opinions about this car, that the engine was "sludged." So, now that I have posted up pics of it, me, the oil, really any and everything to do with me and it.. and gotten indicators that the oil is ok and the engine appears to be not sludged.. Not that it has to be changed, not so much that, but just that I used up the conventional oil I had, and I know this car needs better fluids, so, there are multiple signals telling me that I can do things to care for this car until we get that ~$700-$1000 or so together to do this infernal timing belt.

It is part OCD, part wanting to get conventional out of the sump, and part wanting to get synthetic oil in there. Also, I don't work all that much at this time, so I sometimes get a hankering.. guilty. (This why I was asking about spark plugs, etc.)

I know I could leave the oil in there for 5k, I just feel like a different oil would be better in there?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I thought you had Synpower lined up for it already for the next change? At least that's what your signature says...

True dat...

1. Fixed it

oil_zps0030406f.jpg

^^ I took that just just now.

Those are solid cars. Watch this:

If you still have the receipt for that oil, there's an amazon deal on mag1 5w40 that will save you some cash.

These videos got me thinking... Anyone got the old Volvo commercial, where the giant monster truck is driving across a long row of cars, and they all get crushed - except for the Volvo. It stayed undamaged!

Originally Posted By: css9450
These videos got me thinking... Anyone got the old Volvo commercial, where the giant monster truck is driving across a long row of cars, and they all get crushed - except for the Volvo. It stayed undamaged!

Yup!

laugh.gif

But I like another one..

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
Originally Posted By: css9450

Yup!

Not the one I was thinking of.

But I'll look for it too.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
"Hold on while I take a picture of my order on the counter"

clerk [w-t-f ?] "um, okay"

Fast forward 2 days:

"Hold on while I take a picture of all this stuff I'm returning which I bought 2 days ago."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back