GoodYear Assurance TripleTread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had them put on a friend's Toyota Solara once. It was amazing how grippy and quiet they were. Too bad someone hit the car and totaled it before I could tell you how long they could last.

I'm looking into these as well for our minivan. It's between these and the Yokohama Avid TRZ. Anybody have thoughts about which of these two tires are superior?

I have had a good experience with the TripleTread on my PT Cruiser. At about 70,000 miles the fronts are down to 3/32 and I am about to replace them. Good ride, handling, wet and dry traction, and OK in the snow. For the mini-van also consider the HydroEdge. They are not quite as good a ride, or capable in snow, but do last longer.

I had a thread awhile ago about my Assurance Triple Treads I got from Wal-Mart on clearance for $256.00 total mounted and balanced .I recieved my 40.00 rebate from Goodyear yesterday. Total cost (Drum Roll Please tatatatatatattata...)-216.00. The tires perform quite well wet and are very grippy as the other poster said. They look cool and Im no tire expert but Im pretty happy, espcially at that price.

dickdog1-what size were the ones you bought? I just bought 4 195/70/14 for my girlfriends mom's camry for $212 after $40 rebate.

205/70/14. Where did you get that deal? those are90.00 tiresI think you got the assurance.Are you certain they are the triple tread??

I'm 100% sure they are assurance triple tread's. I got them at discount tire when they had the buy 4 tires and get $100 off sale.

I had a set on my old car and I HATED them. Wet traction was atrocious and at only 8,000 miles they developed an incurable vibration. Replaced them with some used dry-rotted used Eagle GA tires a few months before I sold the car; which were also awful but at least did not vibrate.

At this point I wouldn't take a set of Goodyear tires for free.

I put a set set on a Corolla my wife owned.
Fantastic tires in rain,ok on dry pavement and decent in snow.Did find MPG went down a bit due to more rolling resistance.
Sold the car with 20K on the tires and the treadwear still looked almost new.
A great tire and I'm not a fan of Good Year.

My brother had a set of these, seemed to be good tires. He didn't like them because they weren't "stiff enough". Whenever I drove his car, I found them to be a wonderful tire, great feel and handling with a comfortable ride.

My sister got them on her minivan, she says they are good, but what does she know. I really don't believe that they are that good. They can't be from an educated and logical stand point. Most people buying them just don't know anything about cars and have low standarts when it comes to traction, thus all the praise. I'm pretty sure that you will be better of with pair of dedicated seasonal tires.

Midsize sedan input here- I have them on my '02 Regal GS. 25k miles so far; good general use tire, good in the rain, light snow. Quieter than the GA tires that they replaced, and superior in every other way.
NOT a high performance tire, though- a little numb & non-linear in terms of response/driver feedback.
I did find that they needed considerably more air pressure than the oem tires- as evidenced by initially reduced gas mileage and hot tire edges (measured with IR gun,after normal driving)and premature edge wear.

Several of my friends run them on the rear of their Motorcycles, and they like them. I prefer the Michelin Exalto car tire on the rear of my motorcycle! I can tell you the Triple-tread tires are much heavier...they seem clunkier to me, but, I've never driven a car with them on.

Quote:

I'm looking into these as well for our minivan. It's between these and the Yokohama Avid TRZ. Anybody have thoughts about which of these two tires are superior?

I have a set of TRZ's on the wife's Taurus. Dead quiet, awesome in rain, and wear like iron. However, if it snows where you live, reviews on Tire Rack say they're only so-so in winter. I have a set of Blizzaks too so that's not an issue to me. If you want one tire year-round, I'd get the Triple Tread.

I extensively researched this tire early this year and found almost universal praise for it. The only reason I didn't get them was because of the ridiculously high price of them here in Canada. A set of 4 would have been close to $800 with taxes, etc. And that was the best price. Buying them right from the Beverly Tire chain (Goodyear's main dealer outlet in Canada) would have been over $1K. To helll with them ! I ended up buying the new Cooper CS4's on the US side of the border for under $500 (installed, and balanced on a Hunter machine).

Quote:

I extensively researched this tire early this year and found almost universal praise for it.

Yeah well millons of people like Britney Spears too...
laugh.gif
You where I'm going with this?

Unless I'm wrong, this tire is the continuation of the Aquatred line. I had some Aquatred 3's a few years ago on a little Eagle Talon I was driving. They were exeptional tires, for about 15,000 miles, then they got very loud and rough riding. Other than that, they did what they were supposed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back