I bought grey market tires for my VW

It is name brand, as budget option.
The question is not how are they new, but how they perform after 20,000mls.
I can't say I've had any negative experience with GT Radial tires, in general they seem to know what they are doing, as they seem to end up on a lot of our work vehicles, from 3 seasons for cars, to LT snow tires, but that's no guarantee on these specific tires.

Unpopular opinion but some should consider cutting Chinese manufacturing some slack as this is an old mentality. My Pilot Sport 5's are phenomenal. I also recently read Canadian Blizzak stock are being made there but I haven't seen proof of this myself.

Others here have mentioned it's all about the quality control these days, not the country of origin. I personally agree.

out of curiosity, why assume? does it not have a "made in xx" on the sidewall?

PS5 is made in China?

I think the Blizzak DM V-2 is made in China, while WS90 in Japan.

Kumho was also recently purchased by a Chinese company.

PS5 is made in China?

I think the Blizzak DM V-2 is made in China, while WS90 in Japan.

Kumho was also recently purchased by a Chinese company.

Yep PS5 origin can be a lot of places. I've seen France, China, Thailand... etc. Mine are the 225/50/17 size so not one that's too popular these days I think.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 5.22.44 PM.jpg

lol it was actually one of your old posts that I was thinking of when writing that

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 5.20.13 PM.jpg

Glad the WS90's are still made in Japan.

Curiosity is why a budget tire on a decent car? My findings across 4x are they seem decent however 20k I throw them away due to poor wear, eventually poor wet traction or excessive noise after 10k.

I really hope they work well! I am 0/4

Back