Gonna Give These a Whirl instead of my Usual FRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 4 Mann filters off eBay for $20. The boxes look "aged" but the filters are still in 100% condition as far as I can tell.

7964ee06b489280fd349b4b2caf5d32e.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a couple Mann filters from RockAuto for my Insight for about $2.66 each, I think. Why not? They're probably better than SuperTech filters, maybe better than Pronto filters.

Better look inside ... someone could have swapped out orange cans for those MANN filters.
lol.gif

That's a very large step up in filters for you Kev, you sure you don't want to ween off the cardboard filters with some e-cores in before the MANN filters?

If those are Purolator Classics, then you've overpaid at $5 for 4.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MarkStock

He's in Canada so maybe not for his market. Even the orange can runs about $5 north of the border from what I've seen posted here.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

He's in Canada so maybe not for his market. Even the orange can runs about $5 north of the border from what I've seen posted here.

Extended guard at Wally world are like 14 bucks last time i paid attention here if that helps with perspective.

Yeah, orange can is around $5 here

Absolutely. A filter under $5 here is a smoking deal. I get the Wix 51515 for $4.99 at my rate, but the other part numbers are obviously more expensive. I can get Bosch Premiums for the G for under $5, but that's ordering online.

Originally Posted By: Garak

Absolutely. A filter under $5 here is a smoking deal. I get the Wix 51515 for $4.99 at my rate, but the other part numbers are obviously more expensive. I can get Bosch Premiums for the G for under $5, but that's ordering online.

The cheapest I have seen is the orange can for $5.

Originally Posted By: KevGuy

They pay you $5 to use it?

Originally Posted By: KevGuy

They pay your mom $5 to use it.

I wish. Hold onto your chair - there's an online retailer I've come across up here that sells the orange cans for close to $20 a piece. I'm sure they sell loads of them.
wink.gif

Mann is a good filter and a step up from the orange ones. I do stock those for most Honda,Volvo,Jaguar and Mercedes that come into our shop. I believe I pay about $2-6 bucks each so well worth it.

Up here, the only Manns available retail or online are for the German makes, and, ironically, they're cheaper than any other filter for any other application on the market. The one that fits the Audi I used to have is under $5 whether online or at Partsource. Getting something for the G at the price requires me to go online, and for the F-150, my best deal is the Wix 51515 from a local retailer at $4.99.

The only place I've found Mann for domestic stuff is from the States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back