General Grabber Extreme Traction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a '07 F250, 6.0L diesel with a 4" lift as my daily driver. I currently am running Toyo Open Country AT tires in 325/60R20. The tires have 44K miles on them and will need to be replaced this summer. I'm probably just plain stupid for concidering anything but replacing with the same tire, but I can't leave well enough alone.

So, does anyone have any experience with the General Grabber Extreme Traction tire? This tire: Link

The specs and reviews look good on this tire, a word or two from someone with real-world experience.

I'd get the 35x12.50R20 size BTW.

Thanks

looks really aggressive.. more like a mud tire or rock crawler type.

IMO not a good tire for a DD.

The grabber AT2 is a BFG KO knockoff.

I really liked my toyos (had the same tire as you)

you might consider the bridgestone revo2.

Last edited:
I'm limited somewhat by the size of the tire and what's available in that size. I'm afraid that many tires in this size won't last very long. I had Kumho's on before the Toyos and only got 26K from them, lousy tire IMO.

I tow a 33' toy hauler at least once a month too. The Toyos are only D rated, but have handled the weight well.

I don't do the rocks or mud anymore, too old, this truck is strickly a road (asphalt and dirt) and pasture truck.

Online reviews of the Grabber, here's one , say that they have good road manners and a very tough sidewall.

Last edited:
My buddy had those on his 2500 Silverado D-Max. Very nice looking and performing tire, but didn't last very long. He had 33s, and never towed with the truck.

IMO, if you can get 44k miles on the tires you have now in a 35 then I would go with those, especially for a daily driver. The F250 6.0L isn't exactly a light truck. Not sure how much the Chevy weighs compared to the Ford since I only really care about Fords, haha. J/K. Post pics of the truck though.
thumbsup2.gif

Everything I've read about them is that they are a durable tire made for dry, fast desert running and aren't good for much else. Not good on wet pavement or snow (not that U get much snow where your at). That would be my last choice in tires for my truck to be honest.

Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
Everything I've read about them is that they are a durable tire made for dry, fast desert running and aren't good for much else. Not good on wet pavement or snow (not that U get much snow where your at). That would be my last choice in tires for my truck to be honest.

+1 this is what I meant to say but was too lazy to type.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm not really into the truck scene too much, just use mine as transportation and a tool really. Makes sense I should stick to the Toyos and I probably will, they've been all I could ask for in a tire for my big, heavy truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back