General Altima RT45 - any users?

The RT43’s were seemingly popular on this site so I am curious if anyone is running the new RT45’s.

Walmart has a pretty good discount on some sizes right now, making them cheaper than the Pirelli P7’s. So, I’m considering a set for the in-laws.

My wife picked RT45 on our 2018 Tiguan back in Feb because she was happy with previous RT43.(pricing, quiet, adequate winter performance, 67k life)

They seem similar and not better in any way.

Just purchased two for the Mazda3 just over a week ago. (I seem to be on the replace 2 every 22 months plan.)

Too soon to tell.
I expect them to do as well as the General Exclaim HPX (Walmart's RT43 look-alike)
I easily exceeded the 65k warranty. The center rib was not yet to replace, but the shoulders were close to done at 69k miles.
I know, past performance is not a guarantee of future results. I simply expect the tires to serve my needs.

I saw these on a vehicle yesterday and will likely be my next tire.. i too was looking at the RT45

Mastercraft Courser Quest

Is Mastercraft still a good tire?
Not meaning to highjack your thread...but i too am looking for a good tire to last me awhile.

I just finished mounting, balancing, and installing a set yesterday, including a full size spare (Pirelli P6000) on a 1995 540i, because there weren't many options in stock (225/60R15). I replaced nearly new Advantage BFG's from 2014, that had flat spotted due to it's garage queen status, plus it's been in storage for the last 2 years. The car is very clean and only has 120k Kms, I'll take some images this week and post them. I didn't get a chance to test drive yet, so I don't have any feedback on the actual tires.

I’ve got the RT43 on my accord sport. When it comes time to get new tires I will definitely go with the RT45

Have general evertrek on her Altima, long lasting tire. If they still made those I would go with those or the 45’s no questions asked

That chart is astonishing. The Vredestein's wipe up the floor with the other tires tested.
Agreed. I have the copper endeavor tires (one of the competitors on that chart) on my 350sd and I like them a lot. But the Vredsteins outperform everything by a lot!

That chart is astonishing. The Vredestein's wipe up the floor with the other tires tested.
Agreed. I have the copper endeavor tires (one of the competitors on that chart) on my 350sd and I like them a lot. But the Vredsteins outperform everything by a lot!
I am quite suspicious of those numbers - plus those Vredestein's are either designed to compete in a different class, or they have serious drawbacks in treadlife/mpg.

Back