Fujita Air Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.
That intake style is called "filter-on-a-stick".

1. What kind of car do you have?

2. Do you need a CARB approved intake?

If not, you can go to ebay and get a cheap filter-on-a-stick for $40 and replace the filter later.

I put a K&N Typhoon SR w/an AEM dryflow on my 1ZZ-FE and dig it:

+ instant gains in throttle response

- a bit louder (maybe a + if you like that)
- some people get CELs thrown
- oiled filters can foul the MAF (esp. if over re-oiled at cleaning time)
- could negatively affect mileage

Never has thrown a CEL for me in the 10k miles it's been on and from what I can tell my mpg has improved if anything....

[ August 17, 2006, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: PRND3L ]

Yup, I've tracked an avg. 1-2 mpg gain. I don't know if that's enough to attribute it to the SR intake, but FWIW, the change happened immediately after installation.

I think folks that see mpg losses is mainly due to an increased urge to leadfoot.
grin.gif

i have one for 03 2.4 accord, build quality is good, but fitment is not OEM, one spot on the intake rattles against the chassis.

It does add power, but it is also deafeningly loud.

ANY intake that places the air filter in the engine bay will kill horsepower after the engine gets hot.

Buster, get an AEM V2 or a standard AEM cold air intake. They have the best air filters (dryflow) and are proven to produce the most horsepower. It will give you a noticeable boost, especially at speeds above 75 mph. I think you'll like it
grin.gif

The cold air intake does work well. You have an Accord 2.4l correct? After having CAI's on several cars I chose to go with an AEM (new style filter) short ram on my '04 2.4l. Why?Simple.....for me, the hassle involved in getting to the CAI filter buried in the fenderwell for service was just not worth it anymore.

The short ram is not as effective since it draws underhood air but there is a gain. The Fujita is not CARB approved, to my knowledge, so annual vehicle inspections will be a problem if your state requires them.

For what it's worth the AEM is approved so I have no problem with annual inspection.

If he has a 2.4 accord also, the gains are quite real.

fujita is more or less the only decent intake for 2.4 accords with MAF sensors as you know.

A couple more things is the throttle body clamps the fujita intake comes with are overkill, don't over tighten or else you will actually bend the intake opening into an oval shape.

The filter it comes with is pretty looking, but still cotton, in the end I still bought an AEM dryflow.

i contacted fujita about CARB, they say their products are pending but there is no ETA.

Fortunately intakes are easy to swap back and forth. **** you can put back only the stock tube/filter box minus the resonator/snorkel when time comes.

Pending? Sounds like they're saving up money for testing. I've heard that cost about $30k per car.

What other states look for CARB #'s?

quote:

Originally posted by gtx510:
Pending? Sounds like they're saving up money for testing. I've heard that cost about $30k per car.

What other states look for CARB #'s?

it may not necessarily be a money issue but could be, on top of being expensive, the process may also be slow. My coworker recently got an AEM intake for his 04 TL and his part is also pending.

I installed a INJEN on my '06 Frontier NISMO and after the 'newness'(keeping my out of it) I'm pretty sure the mpg gain will be 1-2mpg. And from what I've read you usually picup 10-15hp.
I can't wait till an aftermarket chip comes out for the 05-06 Frontier.

The 2.4 accord engine is not a tradition v-tec as the valves do not completely open until past 2200 rpm. I do not see how placing a cold air intake filter, which could put more dirt in the engine would be a benefit. Enjoy the accord for what it is, smooth powertrain, good response between 50-70 mph, good feel of the road...michelin pilot AS tires improve traction significantly over the energy tires..relatively good gas mileage, and the special suspension feel you cannot get in an overly plush seasick causing camry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back