'19 Tacoma Cold Air Intake - Exciting

Well OK then. So, I want to just replace my air-filter with a factory type.​

ACDelco GM Original Equipment A1614C Air Filter for $10.24?​

Or a FRAM Extra Guard CA8754 for ~ double that?​

Both, On Amazon!​

One much better than the other? Filter better? Last longer? Flow easier?​

Don't mind paying double it it's worth it!
Edit, or is the Fram Tough Guard better?​

Last edited:

Well OK then. So, I want to just replace my air-filter with a factory type.​

ACDelco GM Original Equipment A1614C Air Filter for $10.24?​

Or a FRAM Extra Guard CA8754 for ~ double that?​

Both, On Amazon!​

One much better than the other? Filter better? Last longer? Flow easier?​

Don't mind paying double it it's worth it!​

Edit, or is the Fram Tough Guard better?​

Either of those will be fine. $10 for OEM? Not bad, go for it!

My Uncle tried one on his Harley. 6 months later the conn rod bearing went out. Sent oil to Blackstone. Full of silicon. KN just let in too many contaminants!
A K&N cold air intake or a regular Screaming Eagle "Ham Can" with a K&N filter in it?

My Uncle tried one on his Harley. 6 months later the conn rod bearing went out. Sent oil to Blackstone. Full of silicon. KN just let in too many contaminants
Was that a regular Screaming Eagle "Ham Can" with a K&N filter in it?

I’m leather happy with the TRD air kit on my Tacoma. I didn’t use the TRD oil-gauze filter, I stick with Denso

BITOG party-poopers level 11. If he thinks it looks cool, sounds cool, whatever. Sure, you may get a bit more temp in your intake air stream depending on the design (looks to seal against hood?) but likely neglible in the scheme of things. Most intake mods ellicit a placebo effect w/r to throttle feel b/c you can hear it and that's part of the fun of doing this.

It will be fine....let him enjoy his truck and the cool whooshy sounds you get from one of these.

RoCK caTHcher youR engINE Won'T LAsT yoUR MAF wiLL faIL 🤣 🤣 🤣

Nope. Actually, the old filter had cooler air as it was getting air strictly through the pipe that is designed to get outside air and not air under the hood, which is warmer. This open box is sucking much warmer air and everything that is floating under the hood.
I will never understand this.
This is actually incorrect. The OP’s system pulls air from the same source as the factory box. The new air box is supposed to seal at the hood. The air tube is supposed to flow better, the material attracts and retains more heat. So, it’s rather debatable if it’s actually better than the factory air system.

BITOG party-poopers level 11. If he thinks it looks cool, sounds cool, whatever. Sure, you may get a bit more temp in your intake air stream depending on the design (looks to seal against hood?) but likely neglible in the scheme of things. Most intake mods ellicit a placebo effect w/r to throttle feel b/c you can hear it and that's part of the fun of doing this.

It will be fine....let him enjoy his truck and the cool whooshy sounds you get from one of these.

RoCK caTHcher youR engINE Won'T LAsT yoUR MAF wiLL faIL 🤣 🤣 🤣

I have to say it, but you’re really rather correct with your line of thinking.

This is actually incorrect. The OP’s system pulls air from the same source as the factory box. The new air box is supposed to seal at the hood. The air tube is supposed to flow better, the material attracts and retains more heat. So, it’s rather debatable if it’s actually better than the factory air system.
There are a lot of “supposed” in your answer. There is a reason boxes have clips and filters that thick rubber that serves as gasket.

There are a lot of “supposed” in your answer. There is a reason boxes have clips and filters that thick rubber that serves as gasket.
I’m not arguing that fact. My opinion, the OP took a step backwards with that open air filter garbage

Sure. I mean, his car.

Yes, I don’t think the systems like he pitched do much good. They look pretty. They make a high school kid happy. However, they’re not very efficient nor are they greet at providing engine with Clean, cool air.

And this is why I don’t come here very often any more. If any one does anything that’s not oem or downsizing wheels and tires your all over them like stink on ****. If people want to modify their car or truck with an air filter, exhaust and some aftermarket wheels then so be it. It’s not hurting YOU!

Back