'19 Tacoma Cold Air Intake - Exciting

the cooling system has a thermostat... if coolant temps were running normally before the change, they should run normally afterwards.
If the airflow to the radiator is blocked it can overheat the engine. Cycling hot coolant through the engine will serve no purpose. Coolant is only as good as the airflow that's allowed through the radiator.

If the airflow to the radiator is blocked it can overheat the engine. Cycling hot coolant through the engine will serve no purpose. Coolant is only as good as the airflow that's allowed through the radiator.
yeah, but I'd like to point out that a cold air intake isn't going to effect that, is it. . :)

yeah, but I'd like to point out that a cold air intake isn't going to effect that, is it. . :)
Putting an open air filter across the front of the radiator could definitely pose an engine overheat risk. I would not recommend it but it appears the other poster put it more across the top & not entirely covering it.

Take that filter off and see if you can see thru it. All you need to know.

Take that filter off and see if you can see thru it. All you need to know.
03.jpg

The adrenaline rush of a bolt on lol. I haven’t had a loud intake since my teens. I would have went with the TRD intake or an intake that has an enclosed box and plastic plumbing. Look into a throttle body spacer and computer programmer.

Nope. Actually, the old filter had cooler air as it was getting air strictly through the pipe that is designed to get outside air and not air under the hood, which is warmer. This open box is sucking much warmer air and everything that is floating under the hood.
I will never understand this.
I was entertaining the idea of a cold air intake for the grand prix, just to try it, but if they really just pull hotter air, I won't bother. Car runs good and I'm not a hot dog, just hoping to improve the poor gas mileage I seem to get.

Probably has nothing to do with the intake. It probably has everything to do with adaptives in the transmission and PCM being reset.
Probably why the tell you to unhook it! So, you'll think it did something!
And A CYA (for them} type of thing!

My dad's birthday was on the 25th, and for his birthday I got a cold air intake for his Tacoma, which I service regularly and have posted about on here before.

He installed it while I was at work, the installation instructions say to disconnect the negative battery terminal during installation which he did.

After installation, he says the throttle response and shift points feel entirely different, and after riding with him I have to agree. Feels like an entirely different vehicle.

At idle it sounds like it used to with the stock intake, but when he has it wide open it sounds like a straight piped 370Z which he absolutely loves. Very loud and kinda "trumpety".

He says he's "not sure if it was a good idea that I got this for him or not" because now he's wanting to do a bunch of upgrades to the exhaust system :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 181284View attachment 181285
These things do absolutely nothing for performance in Tacomas…just a noise maker. Your dad’s happy that’s all that matters. If anything I would added the velocity stack which connects to the factory box. Got rid of the charcoal filter and used a AFE dry filter .

Back