Fram ph8170 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sayjac
Seeing as these are made for lawn, garden and outdoor equipment applications, I don't doubt that they can be found at farm and home stores.

Google fram ph 8170 and two farm and home stores are on the front page as having it.

^^^^As I said, "I don't doubt that they can be found at farm and home stores".

But the main point not quoted is whether Fram actually manufactures said filter. Or, if it's subbed out to some other maker. Based on it's very different construction, I'm doubtful that they are 'Fram' made.

I saw one today at orschlens in an extra guard labeled box that showed the grippy but the filter was the same as dspark cut open. Said made in India on the filter.

Stopped by a Tractor Supply today to get a closer look. As noted above it clearly says, Made in India. And also and perhaps most important on the box it says "Manufactured For" Fram. You won't find that description on other orange cans. As I suspected this application is made by another filter manufacturer in India for Fram. Too different a construction to be made by Fram.

Hello guys,
Most know I work for FRAM. This is a sourced low volume filter, bought from the same company that makes the OE filter. Amazing so many are in love BC it has metal end caps. This filter is mid to low 80% efficiency. Nowhere near as good as a FRAM built EG though it obviously meets the specs for the engine its on as it is the OE filter with different paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back