Few more feet coming down on New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Canadian winters, back in the 50's we had several years of them in northern Michigan. -30f and 9' of snow. Torch Lake froze over for the first time in a hundred years.

We are having our annual Feb. thaw here in CLT. 65f on Sat. 70f yesterday. 60's today, then back in the teens by Thursday.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I feel like we are finally getting a good old Canadian winter! w00t!!
grin.gif

+1 Although as much as a I like snow, getting 5-6' would be a bit excessive! I don't think my sled would even work in snow like that.

PSA: Your Subaru has a great All Wheel DRIVE system. That , however, does not make it stop any better with BALD TOURING TIRES. I got to take a look at your bald tires because you stopped, literally, an inch away from my drivers door.

Going to be around 76 today, but we will be getting blasted by the end of the week. High Friday is supposed to be around 60. Gonna be tough.

Originally Posted By: Doog
We just had 2 days of 40F to help melt down some of the snow. Now tonight we'll get freezing rain and maybe an inch of snow.

Yeah we received some of that rain last night. No accumulations thankfully.

I sold my Montgomery Wards era snowblower to someone who needed one in a hurry. I do not see any at HomeDepot. The old snowblower had trouble snow blowing the snow to get it from barn to his truck. Ended up using my 36" Ariens to cut a path in the back yard for the older Montgomery Wards one to go in. One less thing in my barn.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I sold my Montgomery Wards era snowblower to someone who needed one in a hurry. I do not see any at HomeDepot. The old snowblower had trouble snow blowing the snow to get it from barn to his truck. Ended up using my 36" Ariens to cut a path in the back yard for the older Montgomery Wards one to go in. One less thing in my barn.

How much did you get in Eastern NY? I'm heading up to my parents' (North of Utica) tonight to help snowblow them out.

Originally Posted By: Donald

I have one of these with a 6.5 hp chonda (probably 7 hp with richer jetting and no air filter) and it's the cat's meow. I believe I looked up its serial number and concluded it was an MTD "cheapie", but it's pretty sweet after all these years.
01.gif

I gave in and ran the snowblower. Was nice for pushing the snow banks. Did about two hours and got it done, but the belt was squealing at the end. Guess it still needs work. Toro 521, free hand me down from the inlaws, can't complain.

It's not going to stop; there's another BIG noreaster coming through by the end of this week and another powerful one forecast for the end of the weekend period. We're lucking out bigtime out west as we're stuck under the ridge part of this blocking pattern. 60s and 70s in February. November through December was very cold and snowy here through so I don't' feel too guilty!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Going to be 84-86 here this week with a 0% chance of rain (as usual). Have had the air conditioning on in the house for the past week. Actually forgot to click it on today and it got all the way up to 76 inside, much too warm. A/C cranked all the way down to 73
wink.gif

Nobody cares.

And we are all supposed to care about a typical eastern seaboard winter?

Sorry man...but unless you were just joking with Nick1994...that was rude.

New Englanders can handle their snow. Particularly Boston. They are famous for it. It is the Volvos I am worried about.

R.I.P., "L" and Boston Party Machine. You were so curvy. Also, a diva. Enjoy the LTCs in heaven. (and an LTC is a Lincoln Town Car.)

I miss her. And the Volvo.
frown.gif

I will get another XC.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Going to be 84-86 here this week with a 0% chance of rain (as usual). Have had the air conditioning on in the house for the past week. Actually forgot to click it on today and it got all the way up to 76 inside, much too warm. A/C cranked all the way down to 73
wink.gif

Nobody cares.

Sorry man...but unless you were just joking with Nick1994...that was rude.

I agree. Nick1994 didn't deserve that.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
wink.gif

Nobody cares.

I wouldn't call it typical in that many parts of New England have already set all time snow records for a winter season.

^ Ok...not completely "typical"......but not all that unusual either.

I've spent more than one winter back east.

wink.gif

Nobody cares.
Boy, somebody sure does have their panties up in a wad.

I'm tired. I must have spent six hours if not more over two days shoveling. Plus another hour with the snowblower. Time for dinner and maybe I'll finish moving the snowbanks on the weekend.

Pretty mad tho--put a big scratch into the Camry with the shovel. Not sure how deep the scratch is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back