Favorite Costco coffee?

Paid my $60 for a Costco membership about a month ago. Walking past the coffee aisle, I saw at least a half dozen types. Anyone have a favorite? Also I have a French Press, Aeropress, and a Ninja coffee maker so a little about how you brew it. Not really in to whole bean as who wants to grind coffee at 5am.

My preference is a robust dark roast coffee. I stock up on Starkbucks french roast when it goes on sale, maybe twice a year.

I can't remember the brand, but it's called: "Rainforest Blend" It's in a soft-sided package. My wife and I love it as well as EVERYBODY else that has tried it.

edit: Found a pic of it

1689701242824.jpg

The Columbian Supremo comes in a 3 lb. grey/silver bag with the leopard/jaguar face. Whole bean.
We call it "Cat Coffee". It has a great coffee flavor to our pallet.
Many people (especially cigarette smokers) prefer bitter coffees.
Many people prefer weaker, "bad American Diner" coffees. To each his own.

I eschew fancy stuff when it comes to coffee.
Get a $10 spice grinder. Ours buzzes the 45 g. of beans in under 10 seconds.
That's a small degree of effort to expend for fresher coffee. You get more for your money if you grind beans as needed.

I feel plastic coffee pods pollute the Earth. No, I know they do. Consider Mother in your purchase decisions.

1.Peets Major Dickasons
1.Colombian Supremo
2.Mayorga Cubano Roast
3.Kirkland Signature Roasted by Starbucks

The Kirkland Signature French Roast may seem tempting by price, it's disappointing.

Also, Costco for sure carries different coffees in different parts if the US. I've never seen that First Colony before in the Philly area.

1.Peets Major Dickasons
1.Colombian Supremo
2.Mayorga Cubano Roast
3.Kirkland Signature Roasted by Starbucks

The Kirkland Signature French Roast may seem tempting by price, it's disappointing.

Also, Costco for sure carries different coffees in different parts if the US. I've never seen that First Colony before in the Philly area.
If it's not in Philly, I bet it's not in NY either.

Has anyone tried Kirkland Organic Ethiopia blend? It is a light roast that l haven't seen in any stores in the NY/NJ area. A minimum of 2 bags (4 lbs) is required for mail order.

I've been using a Hario v60. My first purchase was a light roast from a local roaster. The $20 per pound cost is a bit overboard so l won't be going that route anymore. I just exhausted a 2.5 lb bag of Kirkland house blend which was decent.

I need to pick something up from the warehouse or order online for a larger selection.

Many of Costco's online ordering requires a 2 bag purchase for 4 or 6 lb total. Is it safe to store that much without it going stale?

Amazon Columbian K-Pods are disappointing also. For my money bargains, there's nothing better than the non-plastic San Francisco Bay Breakfast Blend K-Pods.

I buy whatever whole bean is on sale. Lately Starbucks and Peet's. I'm after lowering the price per pound, and am certainly not a connoisseur...

i like a stout coffee except my evening cup being decaf. when beans are ground they become stale faster so all except my green mountain K- cups are beans. getting a good coffee out is RARE + wish more restaurants used K cups with easy choices in flavor

The Columbian Supremo comes in a 3 lb. grey/silver bag with the leopard/jaguar face. Whole bean.
This. Whole bean Columbian Supremo. It's getting so I can't find it. Used to be I could fill up my own bag from a dispenser. Not any more. I was in the Nellis AFB commissary the other day. They have an entire isle with Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks, Peet's, Black Rifle, etc. Boutique brands without a CS whole bean in sight.
Sam's Club used to be my go to. Now, if they have CS, it's some crappy European brand that tastes like it came out of the south end of said north bound leopard. I may have to renew my Costco membership just for coffee. Hate to do that since the closest one got a disabled Army lieutenant murdered by the police for legally concealed carrying a few years back and my wife refuses to patronize them.

Back