Favorite Beer threads of 2013 combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha a lot of people here have a very expensive taste. My favories are busch light natty light and budweiser

Right now for the last year or so I have been drinking Smashbomb Atomic IPA from Flying Monkeys brewery (Barrie, Ontario)
I also have a stash of Guinness because my love for stout never changes.

I used to drink any cheap beer I could find and mainly stuck with AB products (never could understand the appeal of Miller beers...they tasted awful to me). As I get older I find beer less appealing but I still enjoy an occasional Labatt's Blue. If I'm going to be driving, I will drink an O'dul's.

jdawg89 said:
Haha a lot of people here have a very expensive taste. My favories are busch light natty light and budweiser

Not one on this list is an expensive beer or anyone having expensive taste.

Last edited:
Arrogant [censored] and Guinness at the moment. My taste change with the season.

Magner's Cider (as close to beer as I go). I discovered it while in the UK and it has finally made its way to Houston.

Can't say that I have one favorite beer in particular, just because there are so many different types that are equally satisfying depending on my mood and what I have a taste for. But if I had to recommend one beer that is absolutely delicious and unique, I'd have to recommend Founders Dirty [censored]. It's a scotch ale; the only scotch ale I've ever seen, actually (I'm sure there are others out there, though). It's a very heavy beer, and has an 8.5% ABV content, so it's strong too. But it has a very interesting scotch whiskey taste to it. Founders Brewery is in Grand Rapids, MI, and I had this beer on tap there once... what a pint that was! Founders makes a lot of very good beers. I'd highly recommend stopping by if you happen to be driving through SW Michigan. Their food is great also.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Can't say that I have one favorite beer in particular, just because there are so many different types that are equally satisfying depending on my mood and what I have a taste for. But if I had to recommend one beer that is absolutely delicious and unique, I'd have to recommend Founders Dirty [censored]. It's a scotch ale; the only scotch ale I've ever seen, actually (I'm sure there are others out there, though). It's a very heavy beer, and has an 8.5% ABV content, so it's strong too. But it has a very interesting scotch whiskey taste to it. Founders Brewery is in Grand Rapids, MI, and I had this beer on tap there once... what a pint that was! Founders makes a lot of very good beers. I'd highly recommend stopping by if you happen to be driving through SW Michigan. Their food is great also.

If you like Dirty [censored] you should try Backwoods [censored] at least once in your life nothing like it it's Dirty [censored] but ten fold one of my top ten favorite beers.

Originally Posted By: dave123
jdawg89 said:

Not one on this list is an expensive beer or anyone having expensive taste.

Some sound expensive lol. Like bitter/sweet pale creamy ale lol. Too fancy. You can't even order anything like that at our local watering hole

Originally Posted By: dave123
Originally Posted By: Klutch9

If you like Dirty [censored] you should try Backwoods [censored] at least once in your life nothing like it it's Dirty [censored] but ten fold one of my top ten favorite beers.

I've meant to try the Backwoods [censored] but can't find it in the stores. I've only ever seen it at the brewery itself. I have had the Backwoods [censored] pulled pork sandwich they serve though, and if that was anything to go by, the beer should be great
smile.gif

I think one's choice of beer (or to even be exposed to beer) is heavily influenced by their peers and family. I grew up with a dad who never seemed to drink more than a couple of Bud Lights, and usually only at crab feasts and BBQ's. My friends, when we were younger and broke, would always drink whatever was cheap, sometimes being lucky enough to catch a $1 pitcher of swill or $0.25 plastic cup o' pee-water.
crackmeup2.gif

So, I began my young drinking life not really liking beer very much. I hadn't at that point been exposed to anything other than the cheaper beers, and the few more-expensive beers I did try were a little too exotic for me - I had not acquired a taste at that point. For reference, I can count on two hands (and maybe a couple of toes for a few "heavy" years) the number of beers I had each year while in college.

It really wasn't until I got my first "real" job after college that I met a few beer snobs who continued to share newer and stranger beers. It wasn't long before I realized how much I liked hoppier, bitter(er) ales, and richer(er), creamier stouts. Not only did I acquire a taste for beer that made it palatable, but I began to actually enjoy immensely each new tasty beverage put forth, and even started looking for new beers to try myself.

I still don't consider myself a beer snob, but I like to try new things, and those new things are usually a little more expensive than the average Inbeverage. Ok, so maybe I am a beer snob, but, due to the higher alcohol content and fact that I don't pound back beers to get drunk, it doesn't really cost that much. IMO, it's like cheating on your diet by eating an entire box of store-brand Cheezits, when all you really wanted was a small slice of home-made apple pie a la mode! Why waste precious belly space (and calories) on more of something less satisfying?
11.gif

Speaking of tasty beverages, I'm out. I'll have to remember to pick some up before the weekend. Hmmm, so many choices! I think I might be in the mood for some Well's Banana Bread Beer come Friday. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it (if you like beer and banana bread, that is.) It sounds odd, but it's one of the tastiest foofoo beers I've ever had!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back