Easy Off Oven Cleaner - Removes painted pinstripes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would share. This stuff takes the OEM or Aftermarket painted pinstripes right off. Of if you had a work vhicle with a painted logo on it or graphic. It did not hurt my clear coat at all.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I'd still be worried about clearcoat personally.

Yeah, this stuff is evil. I would seriously keep it away from your car's paint.

Originally Posted By: Fordiesel69
Thought I would share. This stuff takes the OEM or Aftermarket painted pinstripes right off. Of if you had a work vhicle with a painted logo on it or graphic. It did not hurt my clear coat at all.

Well...you can't see the damage that the Easy Off did to your clearcoat...but take a look in a few months or years...Easy Off is LYE...it's caustic...it's like putting battery acid on your paint except that it's on the other end of the PH scale...I don't even use it to clean my tablesaw blade anymore...too strong...

Originally Posted By: For Diesel 69
Thought I would share. This stuff takes the OEM or Aftermarket painted pinstripes right off. Of if you had a work vehicle with a painted logo on it or graphic. It did not hurt my clear coat at all.

With all the chemicals and processes available, what possessed you to use oven cleaner?

The pin stripe would not come off unless I wetsanded with 1000. I did not want to do that as it was close to the body line, and there is a factory orange peel to the paint. When you get down into the 1000 ,1500 you will tend to make the factory paint look like a sheet of glass and it will look wrong compared to the rest of the paint. I used a magic eraser and easy off. Took the stripe off instantly and I buffed the clear and hand waxed it. Came out perfect.

A local graphics shop that decals vehicles also paints & airbrushes vehicles for busineses. When they are done with the vehicle the shop will often remove their paint with this easy off cleaner. This is where I got the idea.

People tend to over react with clear coats, everything you put on them wears them away little by little. In the north here I never have to worry, the cars rot off their frame before the paint / clear fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back