Drove a 14 Mitsubishi Mirage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Discounting these heavy around here.
Saw one discounted $2810.off sticker, plus a $1250.rebate.
New car under ten grand. Guess that is something.

I came close to buying one from a local dealer. I didn't want to finance, but they were offering an additional $1K off if you financed at 0% (my credit would have qualified) on top of the other $2K off. Where they lost the sale is when they offered me $5K for the focus. Nope. No thanks.

Originally Posted By: supton
Oh, a sedan? Hmmm... I think I want a sedan because I do not want to deal with lifting or pulling the tailgate over my head, not to just get my laptop out of the trunk. Or a bag of groceries, whatever. I mean, I has truck, if I want to move stuff I am taking that instead.

Wife said I should go and test drive one tonight.

Do it! I loved driving the thing. I hated the car and said it was a giant POS before driving one. It didn't drive that bad and the interior volume is much bigger than one would think. The ridiculous gas mileage makes me laugh. I wasn't even trying and was pushing 50MPG

Just don't get the snowmobile transmission. Nissan snowmobile transmissions are extremely unreliable - but you probably know that.

Someone at work just bought one. I like it. If I were to test drive again I'd probably end up buying one

Oh, a sedan? Hmmm... I think I want a sedan because I do not want to deal with lifting or pulling the tailgate over my head, not to just get my laptop out of the trunk. Or a bag of groceries, whatever. I mean, I has truck, if I want to move stuff I am taking that instead.

I wonder which would be more reliable, one of these or a 5 speed 2015 Nissan Versa for $9,500

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I wonder which would be more reliable, one of these or a 5 speed 2015 Nissan Versa for $9,500

The $9500 versa is gone since 2011. The 2012+ are around $12K for the base model. They are also completely unattainable. As someone who tried to buy one a few years ago, you just get laughed out of a Nissan dealer when trying to buy one.

No cvt for me. Being a Toyota fanboi I could go for their stone age 4spd in the Yaris, otherwise its gotta be a stick. Honestly a bit of me rather have the Yaris and make my driveway "pretty" but dang, if I could find a Mirage for 10 I would take it. Only seeing 14 and up though, have to dig deeper--but yeah, will stop on the way home, can't hurt to drive one. Yaris in four door seems to be 16 or so, just too much.

I would be fine with no radio, no floor mats. I would rather buy proper aftermarket mats, and since base radios often lack bluetooth I would rather skip. For a commuter I might tolerate manual mirrors too, although power locks are nice.

Here's one for $9,994 Link

And it's a stick. Seats on Auto Trader for new cars and search low price to high, there's several

Last edited:
Someone must have accidentally ordered it.

That happened at the dealer where I got the Focus about 10 years ago. They were switching over to a new system for Ford orders and one of the salesreps accidentally ordered a few F250s. They had to firesale them since they were high end trucks. They are in farm country, so the XL model is the popular one.

Nice find Nick. I went to their site tho, and it is a bit odd: the one you linked shows a photo of a nonkeyless entry, yet the same priced car shows pics of keyless with the 4spd auto. Same price? Who knows. I would want to test drive up here first, long before heading south.

Hmm, might want to look at that too. The Versa has some nice options, like bluetooth, but only two speakers. Egads! lol

Nice find Nick. I went to their site tho, and it is a bit odd: the one you linked shows a photo of a nonkeyless entry, yet the same priced car shows pics of keyless with the 4spd auto. Same price? Who knows. I would want to test drive up here first, long before heading south.

Hmm, might want to look at that too. The Versa has some nice options, like bluetooth, but only two speakers. Egads! lol
On AutoTrader searching for those Nissans they have several of them at that price but use the same picture for them, probably have the different models but too lazy to take pictures of all of them. They have 2015 5-speed Mirages on Autotrader for $10,700 too but in Virginia, maybe the dealer near you can price match it.

On AutoTrader searching for those Nissans they have several of them at that price but use the same picture for them, probably have the different models but too lazy to take pictures of all of them. They have 2015 5-speed Mirages on Autotrader for $10,700 too but in Virginia, maybe the dealer near you can price match it.

Yeah, that is what I would do, see if they want to match. This time I might be willing to negotiate, no rush, no need, and no attachment to the vehicle--easier to play the game.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo

?

Edit function doesn't work well.
Was going to post a Mirage ad for a Florida dealership for a 15 5 speed for Someone yanked their loss leader, doubt that you could drive it out for that price.
However C and stereo. If I were looking for a small, cheap econobox, I would have to check these out.

Nice.

The Sheehy Nissan, I went to their site and it looks like they want another $1k in freight and fees.

Here's the $9,400 Mirage, 5-speed in Florida

Link

That's awesome! I would love for something like that to pop up locally!

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: firemachine69
You guys need to price-compete these in Canada. The only other competition is a cash-only purchase on a Rio/Accent (like most folks actually have $15k sitting around... :))... Maybe the Nissan Micra...The magnitude of savings is substantially more.

The odd time though, small cars do go "on sale". Last week you could get a new Elantra for $11k+tax, no AC though. And Versa's have been down to $10k in the recent past, no AC either I assume. The Cobalt also bowed out at around $10-11k in the last model year.
These cars also don't depreciate much either, no one remembers that in 2011, you paid $10k for a Versa and not $15k, so you might get $7-8k for it with reasonable mileage. $500/year depreciation for a new car with warranty is pretty good!

A local dealer is advertising new Mirages for $10,495 with automatic trans. You could probably get a manual for $10k.

Well, I drove both it and a Versa. I feel like the Mirage is out of its league, or mind. All the bells and whistles,that is nice--but how will that automatic climate control work six years from now? What corner got cut to obtain power locks, windows, mirrors? Ten year warranty, great; need a repair away from home and... I think there are three dealers in this state.

The 3 pot has power, but was I was left thinking it had a miss at idle, and it just felt wrong under power. Ok at cruise, but no missing the noise when being worked. I also got the feeling of easy to wander on the highway, despite better steering feel relative to the Versa--probably from a different wheelbase?

I can see why it is liked, and want to like it, but I think I have to give it a pass. Maybe as a non highway car. But the Versa was better I thought, despite far less equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back