Does engine flush remove oil additives from the engine ?

If the flush for example cleans away the ceratec or another brand oil additive ,id rather not flush before changing the oil.

But on the other hand cleaning piston rings and old sludge before adding new with a flush addive seems to be a good idea..

Any thoughts on this ?

An engine flush won't remove sludge, caked on crud, polymerized oil, etc. It just dilutes your existing oil so it drains faster, and most importantly, all of it.

Just shorten up your oil changes and don't flush is my opinion. If you want a cheap flush just dump out a quart of old oil and add a quart of ATF, then warm engine up to operating temperature and dump the oil. (Oil Change)
arf is does not have detergents designed for engine that burn fuel so it will not help. Here is a simple experiment

When you hands are dirty working on an engine use atf to clean them then finish the job with soap.

Next time use new motor oil. See how much cleaner your hands are?

Rod

Just shorten up your oil changes and don't flush is my opinion. If you want a cheap flush just dump out a quart of old oil and add a quart of ATF, then warm engine up to operating temperature and dump the oil. (Oil Change)
Since ATF has a much lower level of detergents than motor oil, how would this accomplish anything? All you will have done is reduce the level of detergency in your engine, not to mention lowering the viscosity of your oil. Seems like a waste of money, and time.

If the flush for example cleans away the ceratec or another brand oil additive ,id rather not flush before changing the oil.

But on the other hand cleaning piston rings and old sludge before adding new with a flush addive seems to be a good idea..

Any thoughts on this ?
I'm not sure there was much left of the ceratec - or any other additive you may poured in - when you drained the oil.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Any thoughts on this ?
The solid friction modifier portion of Ceratec comes out when you change your oil. According to LM the Engine Flush will not remove the chemical portion of the Ceratec.

HPL cleaner is not as strong as HPL motor oils. A few runs of HPL with 5K mile filter changes should yield good results.
Yes, that is true, but it makes sense to clean as much as the gunk before switching to their premium oils. I am running EC in my Ford Ecoboost due to serious gunk and PCMO in my Acura.

Any thoughts on this ?

On a properly maintained engine there will be no sludge to remove. On an engine of unknown history it could be beneficial but the reality is that these products exist to increase profits for shops.

If you think about it, why would LM recommend using a flush every oil change when using their oil? Are they saying their oil leaves sludge/deposits behind? Maybe their cheap low tier lines do leave deposits. That would be disappointing when there's Mobil 1, Shell, Castrol, etc who need no such after treatment.

try some Marval mystery oil (about a quart),20 miles before oil change or so, drive it easy,then drain and fill&filter,with a good oil of your choice,,this may work for you as it will clean up your engine reasonably safely, Amsoil also makes a good engine flush to note along with use of their products

try some Marval mystery oil (about a quart),20 miles before oil change or so, drive it easy,then drain and fill&filter,with a good oil of your choice,,this may work for you as it will clean up your engine reasonably safely, Amsoil also makes a good engine flush to note along with use of their products
You can’t say good things about MMO around here. You’re gonna get the hair’s standing on the back of some necks.

Back