Did I overfill mower too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given your location from Arizona, I have a hunch that that gelly thingy maybe gummed up gasoline.

I'm not a fan of seafoam nor anything else, just plain ole Stabil gas stabiliser additive. I also added a 14" inline manual fuel shutoff valve to shut off fuel and let the mower run dry by the end of every season and then dope the fuel tank with stabil.

It never fail me so far.

Good luck.

Q.

Performed the same procedure on the above mentioned Echo trimmer and viola, she's purring like a dream. Funny to since my brother was told by a repair shop that he should just buy a new one as this one was "toast".

Briggs had a bad batch of Spark plugs (installed at the factory)

A new spark plug usually gets it done. This is a very common occurrence lately. The spark plugs were the wrong heat range and were fouling out.

Old gas, probably. Ethanol? Maybe.

I AM a big fan of Seafoam. I put the 1oz/Gallon in my 5gal cans at fill up and run it in everything year 'round. Don't have to run anything out of gas at end of year, and I never have problems any more in my small engines. I used to use Sta-Bil, but didn't like the looks of the gas after an extended period.

Air filter every year or two. Plugs as required. Wire brush the plugs.

Some carbs have that little bowl underneath. They fill up with water and need to be dropped when a no-start condition occurs.

Glad everything worked out, OP.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Performed the same procedure on the above mentioned Echo trimmer and viola, she's purring like a dream. Funny to since my brother was told by a repair shop that he should just buy a new one as this one was "toast".
By toast, they prolly meant that for what they would have to charge to fix it, you could buy a new one. Being able to keep small engines going saves you a lot of hassles. I add MMO to the gas when I fill up the tool. If it has a shut off, I run the carb dry after every use. Since I started doing this, carb troubles have ceased. How much the MMO does , I dont know, but using the shut off has really helped..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back