Coyote in my yard

images.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Reminds me of a Rodney Dangerfield joke. He is telling Dean Martin that he was mugged by a guy with an electric razor. But then he says, "I blame myself. I was standing next to an outlet."

"He took my watch, my wallet and a little off the sides."

Long time ago I lived in Weston, FL on the edge of the Everglades and coyotes were very common in my area.

I had a weird thing happen a couple of days ago. I looked out my front door and spotted a coyote. It was kinda my fault because I’d ordered a package from Acme.
Here in Iowa that is not uncommon at all. My wife shows me lots of postings weekly in our neighborhood FB page about coyotes on cameras in the area. We live in town, albeit a mature wooded area. As many as 3 at a time have been seen recently. I have tracks in the snow on my yard everywhere...

Just my $0.02

I'm in central NJ near the shore. I haven't seen coyotes in my yard but I have seen dog-like scat with bones and fur in it. Kind of gross but typical of coyotes. Foxes are on the rise but this scat seems too big for a fox. I have seen coyotes within a mile of my house.

Very adaptable animal. They live in storm drains and other hidden locales in and about Los Angeles. They survive on small dogs and full size cats. Many a video with a coyote and granny's fluffy terrier being whisked away via fence tops.

Back