Couldn't Deposit $1000 for Tesla Model 3 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Is this kinda like the Tucker 48?

Well, NO.

If you knew anything about Tucker and Tesla, you wouldn't ask such a question. Couldn't be more different.

Last edited:
The $1,000 deposit is refundable anytime before you sign the order form few months before your car is ready for delivery.

There is a limit of 200,000 EV credits sold in US for any manufacture, Tesla or BMW ... I don't know about Audi, Porsche ... they are owned by VW so how much credit VW will get ?

This is why people lined up to try getting Model 3 before tax credit run out.

Best quote from a Colorado man "It's cool to be really proud about American cars again."

Quote:
Unlike many people in line Thursday, Golden entrepreneur Doug Michaels, 41, has owned a Tesla before. He ended up selling his Model S — at a profit — not because he didn't like it, but to help pay for the land to build a house for his family.

Michaels arrived around 9:15 a.m., expecting to be able to walk right into the mall. Instead he had to queue up outside and called his wife to bring him a second coat and warm boots.

"I believe in Elon Musk's vision for the company and his ability to execute is fantastic," Michaels said. "(The Model S) was the best car I've ever driven."

"He's making money but it's really about changing how people consume energy," he said. "It's cool to be really proud about American cars again."

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_29708668/hundreds-line-up-put-deposits-affordable-tesla-model

Chevrolet and GM executives are very mad right now reading news about people lineup in the cold for several hours to deposit $1k for an unseen car that they will not get their hands on for 2 years or more, while they have Bolt with similar performance (200 miles range) by the end of this year and cost about the same.

Why Tesla and not Chevy Bolt ? What Chevy Bolt doesn't have so that nobody pay attention to it ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Best quote from a Colorado man "It's cool to be really proud about American cars again."

There are about 150,000 Americans directly employed by two American automakers who are quite proud about the vehicles they have a hand in bringing to market. Some of them are even on this board. There is no lack of pride in American automobiles.

Seems the "entrepreneur" from Golden, CO is giving himself a solid pat on the back for produly supporting American by waiting in line for a few hours :eyeroll:

Chevrolet and GM executives are very mad right now reading news about people lineup in the cold for several hours to deposit $1k for an unseen car that they will not get their hands on for 2 years or more, while they have Bolt with similar performance (200 miles range) by the end of this year and cost about the same.

Why Tesla and not Chevy Bolt ? What Chevy Bolt doesn't have so that nobody pay attention to it ?

Well, when GM outsells Tesla by beating them to market and selling a more cost competitive product it will be GM exec's laughing all the way to the bank (if their is actually any money to be made in this segment).

GM needs to go on the offensive with a strong marketing message to knock Tesla down a peg and remind the lemmings that they can get as good of car before Tesla is dreaming about producing theirs.

The Bolt is ugly. And it isn't a luxury car. People are expecting this car to be cool looking and a luxury car.

robert

One of the 2 American automakers had $50 billions loan from Federal Government and they only paid back $38 billions. American Taxpayer lost $12 billion the proud American automaker, they used to command more than 60% auto market share in the '60s and before, and now less than 20%.

What happen to Pontiac, Saturn, ... ? If Federal Government didn't loan $50 billions to GM do you think they still in business today ? They were in business for more than 100 years but couldn't stay on their feet by themselves 7-8 years ago.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Well, when GM outsells Tesla by beating them to market and selling a more cost competitive product it will be GM exec's laughing all the way to the bank (if their is actually any money to be made in this segment).

GM needs to go on the offensive with a strong marketing message to knock Tesla down a peg and remind the lemmings that they can get as good of car before Tesla is dreaming about producing theirs.

The best offensive weapon is design a better car than Tesla Model 3. Chevy Bolt seems like not a better car than the unknown Model 3, that why people are willing to wait inline for several hours for making a deposit for it.

Do you see a line outside any Chevy dealer for the Bolt ? I think most, if not all, Tesla stores worldwide had a long line this morning for a chance to buy virtually unknown model 3.

I am willing to bet that for a full year Model 3 with sell more than Bolt by a margin of more than 2-to-1.

Last edited:
If you want to wave the flag when it fits your wants and personal narrative, that's totally your prerogative. Splash that red, white, and blue around when it fits your definition. Make sure to pick up one of those, "Out of a job yet?" bumper stickers on your way out of the Tesla store.

Do you see a line outside any Chevy dealer for the Bolt ? I think most, if not all, Tesla stores worldwide had a long line this morning for a chance to buy virtually unknown model 3.

You truly do believe the hype. Tesla is effectively a cult of personality.

It's Black Friday... Thanksgiving evening in front of the Best Buy, except nobody knows what's going to be on sale, just that something is going to be there, it's going to be affordable, and Best Buy sells other stuff I like.

mindless consumerism. sign me up with the bessla derpinator comes out for 1/2 the price from the chinese clone experts.

I went to Fashion Island in Newport Beach...why Tesla and not Chevy Bolt?

That je ne sais quoi of cachet?

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Is this kinda like the Tucker 48?
That was the first thing that popped into my mind too. No car yet, design yet to be revealed, "pre-sales" of cars more than 1 year into the future. Where is GM and the senator from Michigan?

Tesla claimed there was 115,000 deposits in the last 24 hours, 15,000 more than someone predicted few days ago. I think by the time production line is started late 2017 they may have more than 200,000 actual orders.

The overall shape isn't bad for a compact sedan except front end without grill is a little hard to look, but overall no weirdo styling like BMW I3.

This is a prototype, so some details will be changed when it is in production.

2018-Tesla-Model-3-02-626x382.jpg

2018-Tesla-Model-3-091-626x382.jpg

You can't buy Model 3 yet. This is a deposit to be put on waiting list, next year they will contact you to sign the actual order and wait for some more months to pay for the car. If I can get online tonight I may be able to get my hand on Model 3 sometime in 2018, may be 2019.

Well I never thought the US market was so backward! Who pays a deposit to go on a waiting list, when al you're waiting for is the chance to make another deposit?! And when you consider that petrol cars make more power and have more range the argument wins itself.

Or, if you're determined enough to be proactive about it pay 50 homeless men to get naked and vomit over the first 50 people in the queue. They move, you take their space, done.
Except it's not done cause you don't leave with the car you want.

TeslaFail
smirk.gif

It only takes a $1K payment that is refundable at any time to join the cool and in-the-know crowd. Let everyone know at parties that you are part of this group that is saving the planet while everyone else in the world is letting it go down the drain.

The prototype looks nice. I bet they'd sell even more if they were gas powered, or offered a gas powered option.
27.gif
j/k

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
The prototype looks nice. I bet they'd sell even more if they were gas powered, or offered a gas powered option.
27.gif
j/k
Well, anyday Huyndai/Kia will be releasing their gas powered version which will look just like this car. It is time for them to start mimicking Tesla rather than Mercedes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back