Corvette SUV?! Not a fan if its looks.

"The smaller model should come with a 300+ horsepower four-cylinder turbo ..."

Oh, my ... the pictures look like a generic Crossover, nothing about it says Corvette. I suspect GM will sell plenty.

If it brings more customers to the brand and business unit......

I'll never forget back in '09 when I pulled up to my friend's business in the 911 and parked net to a then new Panamera. Started talking to the guy and mentioned that the Panamera's rear looked like the 911 and said '..looks like the engine could be back there..'. He said something to the effect of '..uhh it is in front..'. He obviously had no knowledge of Porsche's history and legacy, but he had bought the latest cool high end sedan and he was new business for Porsche...all good; win/win as they say.

Body by Traxxas. Fun on a RC car, ugly on a passenger vehicle. I guess they just can't resist slapping their most renowned model name on it in an attempt to give it instant street cred. Look out, Mustang Mach E, here comes a gas-powered insult to a heritage brand. Has the world run out of new names?

Since they have the Escalade V, why not a Tahoe SS? That's the REAL Corvette SUV :D

Suburban SS
Traverse SS with a turbo 6 or the LS4
Trax SS with the 260 hp 2.0T
Blazer SS
Trailblazer SS

Last edited:
A company the size of GM couldn’t come up with a original name?

I guess the Plymouth Roadrunner crossover will be next?
What a great name and idea! Chrysler (Stellantis?) has built some very interesting and appealing cars over the years.

lamborghini best selling model is the urus. porsche best selling models are the cayenne and macan. check any luxury manufacturers and their best selling model is an suv. gm are not dumb. this thing will sell better than the corvette itself. bentley best selling model for the year 2022 was the bentayga. rolls royce best selling model for the year 2022 was the cullinan. the purosangue will be ferrari best selling model. tesla best selling model is the model y.

Back